IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The Physics of **NOW** [Oblig: !!! One One !!11)
Ya GOTS to hear (or re-hear some PBS recap) ... ...

Forum
Physicist Richard Muller on the Nature of 'Now'
The concept of now has challenged philosophers and physicists for thousands of years. Even Albert Einstein is said to have thought that "now" was outside the realm of scientific understanding. But in his new book, "Now: The Physics of Time," UC Berkeley physicist Richard Muller says that much has changed since Einstein's era and that the world is now capable of conquering the concepts of time and now. Muller argues that time, like the universe, is expanding, and what people experience as "now" is really the edge of newly-forming time. Muller joins Forum to discuss the nature of "now" and to explain why we perceive time the way we do.

As. In. Wholly Shit !!!

At Last, a cogent disbelief in String-Theory fantasies (alas also too: that one's speculation about parallel Universes which, {if they Are: wouldst needst a quite-Better ref. point than
...a Universe aka Omniverase ... full of nano- nano- pico-pico- wriggly {fucking-} Eely-Strings. I. Wot.

Bon Appetít.. youse fondly seeking some soupçon/whiff! of grandiose postulates like .. freee- {not-as-in-beer} WILL and other fantasies both too-deterministic or ____

ie bunky: PHYSICS just-may be ..NOT-deterministic, y'all.

Ummm did I mention..?

Also cf. 'Penrose', with whom Muller seems to feel some kinship, too.
("Course my monologue upon the problems of positing Theorem-N out of--all too often--WORDS
whose {sigh} REFERENTS are everything from ...obscure to
...fanciful to
Trumpishly-bogus:

{alas needs a better translation from the Sanskrit ..than I can yet manage}

Love.
It.

(Hey! maybe Berkeley *IS* good for lots of stuff quite more-Better than {{ugh}} Unix.punix rhymes-with-tunics Eh?)
New depends on the meaning of living in the now
Most folks are living in the last 10 minutes, or the next 3 hours. Living in the now takes a lot of concentration and not easy to do or keep up for long periods of time.
always look out for number one and don't step in number two
New Quite.. so.. grasshopper
Ain't it da Truff !

"Remembering your Self" IS a catchword ergo cliche amidst all sorts of posits about {{say}}
..escaping the tyranny of.. the rote? full-automatic?? Monkey Mind stimulus/response BS (close-enough, that, I wot.)

..which so lends itself--also too--to Boolean simple-ass "solutions" to regularly-bizarre er, human dilemmas.

Ummm.. carrion.
New Unbearably punkish LRPD sez
I agree with everything you said except "lol".
     The Physics of **NOW** [Oblig: !!! One One !!11) - (Ashton) - (3)
         depends on the meaning of living in the now - (boxley) - (1)
             Quite.. so.. grasshopper - (Ashton)
         Unbearably punkish LRPD sez - (Ashton)

We're not surrounded, we're in a target-rich environment!
47 ms