IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New (iwethey.employed --)++
About 16 months ago I was forced to take an outside job. My boss was named Claudia and we were known as Claudia's criminals. General viewpoint was I'd last a month. Summer was brutal and winter was worse.

After about a month I interviewed for a tech position for which I wasn't particularly qualified (windows shop) at the same company. So when turned down, I didn't think too hard about it.

Then a few months later, after making nice with the owner, I went for a customer service (phone work, entry level trainable) position. Great interview, manager loved me.

And was rejected. Wtf?

Owner (who was on vacation during interview) said, don't worry, here's a raise, we'll bring you in a few months.

Another brutal summer goes by, and I get the word I've been rejected again .

But this time they say why.

Seems someone started a rumor that I'm a criminal hacker who went to jail for stealing credit card numbers.

WTF?!?!?

So, a week later, I go in for yet another interview, this time I am able to address the issue, point out I understand fiduciary duty better than they do, and have been going through training for the past couple of weeks.

Me. Customer Service. And I actually like the job. My newfound empathy serves me well here.

As well does my ability to now file bug reports.
New Woot! Thanks for the good news. :-)
New work is good
always look out for number one and don't step in number two
New Thanks for a tiny taste of Normalcy
..within the daily stuff of the inmate-run Asylum.

May your checks arrive on-time.
New Guess it wouldn't be smart to say ...
"Nah, that I'd have gotten away with."
--

Drew
New It's a start. Finally!
Good luck!
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Excellent!
New Nice, good luck with the new gig!
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
     (iwethey.employed --)++ - (crazy) - (7)
         Woot! Thanks for the good news. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
         work is good -NT - (boxley)
         Thanks for a tiny taste of Normalcy - (Ashton)
         Guess it wouldn't be smart to say ... - (drook)
         It's a start. Finally! - (a6l6e6x)
         Excellent! -NT - (pwhysall)
         Nice, good luck with the new gig! -NT - (malraux)

Incidentally, my Liege, this is how we know the world to be banana-shaped.
46 ms