IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Something especially for Box!!
http://nymag.com/selectall/2016/11/heres-a-browser-extension-that-will-flag-fake-news-sites.html

But as we enter a fraught period of American life, it’s important to make sure you (and your friends and relatives) can at least avoid being snookered by hoax, satire, fake, and just plain incompetent news sites. For people who might not be the most media-literate, here’s a handy browser extension I put together this afternoon, based on media studies professor Melissa Zimdars’s list of unreliable or misleading websites. It works like this: If you visit a URL known for producing non-news in news-like packages, you get a pop-up alert warning you. That’s it!

Chrome only at the moment.

Yes, I'm going to try it too tonight. ;-)

(via John Cole's Twitter feed)

Cheers,
Scott.
New Let the games begin
There will be an "unskewed" version of this by tomorrow.
--

Drew
New list is bogus, media matters is not on it
always look out for number one and don't step in number two
New Probably in this category...
Some sources not yet included in this list (although their practices at times may qualify them for addition), such as The Daily Kos, The Huffington Post, and Fox News, vacillate between providing important, legitimate, problematic, and/or hyperbolic news coverage, requiring readers and viewers to verify and contextualize information with other sources.

FWIW.

Cheers,
Scott.
New thats about right
always look out for number one and don't step in number two
New Won't work. "You can't fix stupid. Stupid is forever." --Ron White
bcnu,
Mikem

I think religion should be treated with ridicule, hatred and contempt. And I claim that right.
Christopher Hitchens.
     Something especially for Box!! - (Another Scott) - (5)
         Let the games begin - (drook)
         list is bogus, media matters is not on it -NT - (boxley) - (2)
             Probably in this category... - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 thats about right -NT - (boxley)
         Won't work. "You can't fix stupid. Stupid is forever." --Ron White -NT - (mmoffitt)

Innovation from the rear again.
51 ms