IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: ok color me confused (and not for the first time)
More details: http://wncn.com/2016/11/03/parents-of-pizza-hut-robbery-suspect-question-why-employee-fatally-shot-their-son-in-the-head/

They said Grace Jr. had fallen on hard times and resorted to crime to provide for his own child. They also said their son used to work at the same Pizza Hut restaurant where the robbery happened. They maintain he never would have physically hurt anyone during the robbery.

WBTV contacted the local restaurant and the Pizza Hut corporation public relations line. Neither have confirmed that Grace Jr. worked as an employee at the Freedom Drive Pizza Hut. Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department officials have not confirmed the information either.

The parents are angry that their son was shot and killed by an employee. They don’t believe the full story has been released to the public.

RELATED: NC Pizza Hut worker uses own gun to kill armed robber, police say

“Why in the hell did this guy have a gun?” questioned Hairston about the employee who shot her son.

She said her son was shot in the head, and she thinks the shooting may have even been personal, citing past conflicts Grace Jr. had had with other employees at the restaurant.

“This wasn’t a body shot. This was a head shot. My son was shot in the left side of his head just behind his ear. A head shot is personal,” said Hairston.

With the understanding that initial reports are almost always garbled, it does sound like there might have been more going on here than just a robbery.

Cheers,
Scott.
New “Why in the hell did this guy [the employee] have a gun?” Isn't that self-evident?
bcnu,
Mikem

I think religion should be treated with ridicule, hatred and contempt. And I claim that right.
Christopher Hitchens.
New Not really. Making assumptions isn't appropriate when death is involved...
New What assumptions? The employee had a gun, the would-be robber had a gun.
Isn't it clear that the employee had a gun because he works at a place that could be robbed by an armed robber?
bcnu,
Mikem

I think religion should be treated with ridicule, hatred and contempt. And I claim that right.
Christopher Hitchens.
New No, that's not clear at all. That's your assumption.
To elaborate...

I worked as a temp for a company that owned about 20 Dominoes franchises in OH and IN. Dominoes had a requirement (in the early '80s) that each store had to have a safe and the store had to have an official policy about when to put money in the safe, how to log it, etc. The franchises could be yanked if that wasn't done to Dominoes' satisfaction.

Yeah, the guy supposedly worked there and would know the policies. Yeah, the store was closed at the time, so maybe he thought that's when the money would be transferred.

But Joe Robber off the street wouldn't know the store policy about money transfers.

So either the store guy was worried about being robbed by employees or former employees, or he was a gun fondler, or who knows what.

AFAIK, most franchise operations have policies not to permit guns because of the liability and employee safety concerns. If the place is that dangerous, then they wouldn't put a store there to begin with (the place I worked wouldn't deliver to some areas because they said it was too dangerous).

It's not at all obvious that he had a gun to protect the store. Not at all. That's your assumption.

Cheers,
Scott.
Expand Edited by Another Scott Nov. 4, 2016, 09:33:05 AM EDT
New This is EASY
Someone has a gun. He is either going to rob and/or kill me. He ALREADY threatened to harm me. I know who he is since I used to work with him. He knows I know who he is. I am the perfect witness. I MUST be eliminated from his point of view.

Therefore:

I MUST do whatever I can to avoid being under his control. He may be wearing a bulletproof vest under his clothes. I am good enough with my gun to make a head shot. I wait for him to turn away for a second to pull my gun so he doesn't see me do it. I shoot.

End of story.
New Yep, if they know each other, it's a zero sum game.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New No, that's not my assumption.
If I'm guilty of assuming anything, it is that he was carrying a firearm to protect *himself*, not the store. And why would he feel that need? Just look at the rest of the available information. The better question for the dad to have asked would have been, "What was MY SON doing with a firearm?"
bcnu,
Mikem

Christopher Hitchens.
Expand Edited by mmoffitt Nov. 4, 2016, 12:11:31 PM EDT
New Yeah, 'xackly.
The better question for the dad to have asked would have been, "What was MY SON doing with a firearm?"
So now it's been asked of both parties.

Kind of suggests the question "What is PRETTY MUCH ANYONE doing with a firearm?", doesn't it?
--
Christian R. Conrad
Same old username (as above), but now on iki.fi

(Yeah, yeah, it redirects to the same old GMail... But just in case I ever want to change.)
New so you get a free pass to rob people via a violent means (gun) if your story is sad?
always look out for number one and don't step in number two
     ok color me confused (and not for the first time) - (boxley) - (10)
         Re: ok color me confused (and not for the first time) - (Another Scott) - (9)
             “Why in the hell did this guy [the employee] have a gun?” Isn't that self-evident? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                 Not really. Making assumptions isn't appropriate when death is involved... -NT - (Another Scott) - (6)
                     What assumptions? The employee had a gun, the would-be robber had a gun. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                         No, that's not clear at all. That's your assumption. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                             This is EASY - (crazy) - (1)
                                 Yep, if they know each other, it's a zero sum game. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                             No, that's not my assumption. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                 Yeah, 'xackly. - (CRConrad)
             so you get a free pass to rob people via a violent means (gun) if your story is sad? -NT - (boxley)

I would never pay to play something like this.
115 ms