IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Have you seen this:
Verizon support
Long-press the gear/Settings key and it should give you a pop-up where you can toggle the microphone, clipboard, emoji (when texting), and Settings.

Never had an Android phone just tried my GoogleFu. Actually it's DuckDuckGo.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Trying now
Nope. Same setting I've been wandering through.
Sigh.

'Ok google" pops up the recognition box, but then it puts the text into a Google search.
Expand Edited by crazy Oct. 28, 2016, 10:53:01 AM EDT
New This?
http://www.problogbooster.com/2016/03/No-Voice-Input-Missing-Microphone-Speech-to-Text-Button-Key-Icon-Google-LG-Android-Keyboard-Settings-Fix.html

In short (at least on 5.1.1):

(Phone Settings)
Language and Input
Google Keyboard Settings (or Samsung equivalent)
Preferences
Voice Input Key (ON)

HTH!

Cheers,
Scott.
New Nope, not there
And it was pure Samsung keyboard. Just installed Google keyboard. Looking at settings now.....

Yes there is a voice button. How the hell do I put a. Ahh, there it is (period). Where do I find a list of control characters such as return?
Expand Edited by crazy Oct. 28, 2016, 11:49:10 AM EDT
New "Return" is on the "?!Smile" keyboard screen for me. YMMV. HTH.
New Testing
This is a test. This is only a test. In case of an actual nuclear emergency you would be instructed to bend over and kiss your ass goodbye.

Hmm. I always type that when I am testing out a new keyboard. Now I just spoke it and of course it's much faster. But the key issue is I am looking for a list of words that I can speak that would cause punctuation to happen. I know period and enter (which seems to work sporadically) but other than that I have no idea what words I can use such as how do I backspace?
New Here's a list (as of 2015)
http://thedroidlawyer.com/2015/09/punctuation-commands-for-dictation-in-voice-to-text-for-android/

I haven't tried it myself. Apparently iOS is better at this, or was in the past anyway.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Scott.
New Thank you
     G6 lost speech to text - (crazy) - (8)
         Have you seen this: - (a6l6e6x) - (7)
             Trying now - (crazy) - (6)
                 This? - (Another Scott) - (5)
                     Nope, not there - (crazy) - (4)
                         "Return" is on the "?!Smile" keyboard screen for me. YMMV. HTH. -NT - (Another Scott) - (3)
                             Testing - (crazy) - (2)
                                 Here's a list (as of 2015) - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                     Thank you -NT - (crazy)

Why can't I own Canadians?
88 ms