Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Never ascribe to malice, etc.
Deaf ears, I know.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Come on, nobody's that thick. ;0)
Expand Edited by mmoffitt Sept. 21, 2016, 04:30:37 PM EDT
     The PPACA strikes my daughter. - (mmoffitt) - (67)
         Look through a longer lens. - (pwhysall) - (2)
             How do you understand US politics so well? - (drook) - (1)
                 You know how you don't know who David Davis is, or what he does? - (pwhysall)
         I did not have medical insurance until I was 45 lost it when I was 55, shrug -NT - (boxley)
         gotcher armband & jackboots right here - (rcareaga) - (44)
             Re: second, ... - (mmoffitt) - (43)
                 Point of order... - (Another Scott) - (42)
                     You're missing the point. - (mmoffitt) - (41)
                         it is *still legal* for healthcare providers to refuse to care - (boxley) - (1)
                             Providing healthcare? Yes. - (mmoffitt)
                         You're whining. - (Another Scott) - (31)
                             Serious question. - (mmoffitt) - (30)
                                 Serious answer - (drook) - (2)
                                     By "Pragmatists" you mean capitulators, right? - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                         Canada's system started in a few provinces then went national. - (Another Scott)
                                 You didn't say "Single Payer". You said "Medicare for All" - (Another Scott) - (26)
                                     Re: What Medicare system are you advocating ... Yes. That one. - (mmoffitt) - (25)
                                         Our government isn't going to change unless people vote sensibly. Which means voting D. -NT - (Another Scott) - (24)
                                             The last D put private insurers in our system by law. How'd that help? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (23)
                                                 "Put" isn't the word you're looking for there. -NT - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                     Really? Private Insurers were in the system by federal law before? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                                         Define "the system" that you're talking about for me. "Medicare Advantage" ring a bell? -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                             Part C is redundant coverage that could have been placed in part B. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                                 Shoulda woulda coulda. The law and the system has to deal with reality. ;-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                 Action first, payment second - (drook) - (17)
                                                     Not at all. - (mmoffitt) - (16)
                                                         What does "as a right" mean? - (drook) - (15)
                                                             In America, you get the healthcare you can pay for and nothing else. That's wrong. - (mmoffitt) - (14)
                                                                 In Canada... - (Another Scott) - (6)
                                                                     Well, there was one once. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                                                         Re: Well, there was one once. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                                             So, Mike was privileged even as a youth! :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                                                                             So, you know my own experiences better than I? - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                                                 Point is, you were a sample of one. That is all. :-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                                     Okay, Twas not the thrust anyway. :0) -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                                                 Thanks for confirming - (drook) - (6)
                                                                     You've got a strange definition of equality embedded in that statement. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                                                         More words, please? -NT - (drook) - (4)
                                                                             Re: More words, please? - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                                                                 You don't seem to understand *your own* words - (drook) - (2)
                                                                                     Simpler summary of my view: An unequal system is not a defensible system. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                                                         Do you prefer no system? - (drook)
                         Two things - (drook) - (6)
                             Re: (2) - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                 Read much? - (drook) - (4)
                                     Might depend on what "household" means here. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                         They're covered - (drook)
                                         That's because ... - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                             Didn't you say ... - (drook)
         So she would have been covered before the ACA? -NT - (malraux) - (13)
             24 by law, but some plans it would have been 26. Both with no restrictions on pre-existing. - (mmoffitt) - (12)
                 OK, so you paid through the end of the month - (rcareaga) - (7)
                     I'd expect that attitude from a Hillary supporter. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                         FIFY - (rcareaga) - (5)
                             But you *DID* get something. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                 What part of "tangible terms" was unclear? -NT - (rcareaga) - (3)
                                     What part of "no tangible thing != nothing" is unclear? - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                         you are betting hundreds of dollars every month that you will get a dread disease. You lose monthly -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                             I'm not so worried about myself. - (mmoffitt)
                 So.... - (malraux) - (3)
                     This bad, it had to be intentional. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                         Never ascribe to malice, etc. - (malraux) - (1)
                             Come on, nobody's that thick. ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt)
         Could be worse - (dmcarls) - (1)
             Wow. Bibi got his, didn't he? Well done, Obama. -NT - (Another Scott)
         Yeah, Obama's horrible all right. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Touching. Nice to see he knows how to use a six year old. -NT - (mmoffitt)

Yikes! Took me a second there to get my poop back in a group...
133 ms