1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New inept phishing
In this morning's inbox:
Order Confirmation

Hello,

Thank you for shopping with us. You ordered "Apple Iphone 7, Silver, 64 GB (Unlocked)".

Once your package ships we will send an email with a link to track your order. Your order summary is below.

Your credit card has been successfully charged for the total amount.

Guaranteed delivery date:
Sep 30, 2016

Order Status : Confirmed
Total Before Tax: $648.00
Estimated Tax: $5.18

Order Total: $653.18

If you have not recently done this order using your Apple-ID and if you think someone else has access to your account, it would be prudent to follow this steps :

1. Sign in through this link : Account
Let's see: "If you have not recently done this order using your Apple-ID" Hmmm...quality control issues in Apple's editorial department? "Estimated Tax: $5.18" —on a $650 order? I have the California Franchise Tax Board on line 2.

I hope that hollygolightly@icloud.com isn't a real account, because Apple will block access to it after the scammers enter the password "eatshitanddie" three times.

(Of course, I shouldn't snark. After I was obliged last year to secure my online banking account with a much sturdier password, I neglected to change my username as well, so when the baddies returned last month attempting to force the portal anew, I was obliged to jump through a few hoops after my bank—kindly sparing a moment from its well-publicized regimen of consumer fraud—locked me out.)

cordially,
Expand Edited by rcareaga Sept. 21, 2016, 12:59:06 PM EDT
New They don't have to be good.
They just have to be good enough. It's been a while since I've checked, but I've heard that even 0.1% takeup on these is a worthwhile return.

Wade.
     inept phishing - (rcareaga) - (1)
         They don't have to be good. - (static)

Idiocy is relative.
95 ms