IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New So she would have been covered before the ACA?
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New 24 by law, but some plans it would have been 26. Both with no restrictions on pre-existing.
This "you lose on your birthday" makes no damned sense at all. I *PAID* for her coverage through September ferchrissakes. Why TF was the law written to allow that? It should have been canceled on the next billing cycle *after* the 26th birthday. Being the corporate POS the ACA is however, the private insurer gets to *REDUCE* the risk associated with a plan and *KEEP* the money made from assuming that risk. It is *bullshit* plain and simple.
New OK, so you paid through the end of the month
Get back to us a week from Saturday with a detailed account of the practical hardships you and your daughter have endured by then as a consequence of her coverage lapsing today rather than ten days from now. How will your lives have been different during this period* than they would have been had the private insurer kept her enrolled until the thirtieth? Because it sounds to me that you're screaming about having been nicked for the cost of a third of a month's coverage: a petty piece of bean-counterly greed, but scarcely the cosmic injustice and indictment of the PPACA you make it out to be.

cordially,

*Obviously, if your adult child should happen to be mowed down by a practicing Rastafarian Uber driver on Friday—unlikely, of course, but caution her to look both ways before stepping into the crosswalk—then the insurer makes out like a bandit, and your cries to heaven carry with them some extra moral force. But absent something like this or the sudden onset of a serious illness, it's hard to see how you've been significantly harmed outside of elevated blood pressure, which your continuing coverage can presumably address.
New I'd expect that attitude from a Hillary supporter.
"Paying corporations for nothing isn't really all that terrible."

Have I got that right?
New FIFY
"Paying corporations for nothing isn't really all that terrible unusual."
It happens. So? Did I say that this was a good thing? I did not. I observed merely that your shrieks of righteous indignation were incommensurate with the novelty or, for that matter, the gravity of the offense.

I paid CaesarCare half a grand last month. The household did not avail itself of any of CaesarCare's panoply of services: not an office visit, nor a phone call, nor an email, not so much as a prescription renewal. In tangible terms, I paid something for nothing. Intangibly, I suppose you may regard yourself out of having been swindled out of peace of mind for the next ten days. If that's the worst thing that happens to you this year, count yourself lucky.

cordially,
New But you *DID* get something.
If you'd been severely injured on the 101 and had to be flown to hospital for treatment, it would have been vastly less expensive for you to get that care and at the same time the likelihood of you being refused admission for "lack of coverage" had been eliminated. While we may agree that half a grand is a pretty steep price to pay for that, it is at least something. The difference here is that I paid for that little something and I am not getting it. It would seem to me that the least I could expect would be to receive the "insurance" I paid for and I don't think it's unreasonable of me to expect it. (Aside: I at least got just shy of 3/4's of what I paid for with this daughter, but my other daughter was born on the third of the month. Is that equally "okay" as well? Paying for 30 days of coverage and getting two? And it gets worse. That year, I won't be able to switch from a "family" plan to an "Employee and Spouse" plan for six months because you can't switch plans until renewal time and so I'll be paying inflated profits to a private corporation above and beyond even what the ACA itself dictates!) But the ACA was written by and for profit driven corporations who have injected themselves (by federal law now) into our healthcare delivery system and this is the result.

Because we are ruled by our corporate masters, even the most myopic of minds could have come up with an "Obama compromise" that didn't leave people in the ditch. The law could have been written to include a "Public Option Rider for Catastrophic Coverage." His corporate masters would have *loved* that for the simple reason that private health insurers would be off-the-hook for catastrophic claims and the consumer *could* have at least had the comfort of knowing that he could receive care for trauma at a substantially lower cost (through the government plan) than he could through a for profit scheme. As it is, the waitresses, bartenders, common laborers, grad students working part-time, etc. that I know cannot afford even the most inexpensive plans because of the built-in profit the ACA demands for private health insurers. Even with the diminishing influx of money from the taxpayers going into "supplements." So they go without. But, better they should die for lack of coverage than to reach into the pockets of the monied class for a few pennies, right?
Expand Edited by mmoffitt Sept. 21, 2016, 04:28:21 PM EDT
New What part of "tangible terms" was unclear?
New What part of "no tangible thing != nothing" is unclear?
And it's only chance that you received to tangible thing. You had a path to receive a tangible thing that I also paid to receive on behalf of my daughter that I did not receive.
New you are betting hundreds of dollars every month that you will get a dread disease. You lose monthly
always look out for number one and don't step in number two
New I'm not so worried about myself.
The top five leading causes of death among White 25 to 29 year old females:

1. Accidents (nearly 4 times number 2 on this list)
2. Suicide
3. Malignant neoplasm
4. Heart disease
5. Assault

Edit:
Source: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/dvs/lcwk1_2014.pdf
Expand Edited by mmoffitt Sept. 22, 2016, 01:12:56 PM EDT
New So....
You're bitching because she's now entitled to 2 more years coverage by law, but the law's authors messed up and allowed a loophole that screwed you out of 10 days of coverage.

Must have been definite intent to Do Evil on part of a corporate tool, you're absolutely correct. Couldn't possibly have been an oversight.
Regards,
-scott
New This bad, it had to be intentional.
The ACA allows for 3 separate entities to decide what the last day of coverage is;

1) The healthcare plan provider.
2) The state.
3) The employer.

That has to be intentionally daft.
New Never ascribe to malice, etc.
Deaf ears, I know.
Regards,
-scott
New Come on, nobody's that thick. ;0)
Expand Edited by mmoffitt Sept. 21, 2016, 04:30:37 PM EDT
     The PPACA strikes my daughter. - (mmoffitt) - (67)
         Look through a longer lens. - (pwhysall) - (2)
             How do you understand US politics so well? - (drook) - (1)
                 You know how you don't know who David Davis is, or what he does? - (pwhysall)
         I did not have medical insurance until I was 45 lost it when I was 55, shrug -NT - (boxley)
         gotcher armband & jackboots right here - (rcareaga) - (44)
             Re: second, ... - (mmoffitt) - (43)
                 Point of order... - (Another Scott) - (42)
                     You're missing the point. - (mmoffitt) - (41)
                         it is *still legal* for healthcare providers to refuse to care - (boxley) - (1)
                             Providing healthcare? Yes. - (mmoffitt)
                         You're whining. - (Another Scott) - (31)
                             Serious question. - (mmoffitt) - (30)
                                 Serious answer - (drook) - (2)
                                     By "Pragmatists" you mean capitulators, right? - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                         Canada's system started in a few provinces then went national. - (Another Scott)
                                 You didn't say "Single Payer". You said "Medicare for All" - (Another Scott) - (26)
                                     Re: What Medicare system are you advocating ... Yes. That one. - (mmoffitt) - (25)
                                         Our government isn't going to change unless people vote sensibly. Which means voting D. -NT - (Another Scott) - (24)
                                             The last D put private insurers in our system by law. How'd that help? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (23)
                                                 "Put" isn't the word you're looking for there. -NT - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                     Really? Private Insurers were in the system by federal law before? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                                         Define "the system" that you're talking about for me. "Medicare Advantage" ring a bell? -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                             Part C is redundant coverage that could have been placed in part B. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                                 Shoulda woulda coulda. The law and the system has to deal with reality. ;-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                 Action first, payment second - (drook) - (17)
                                                     Not at all. - (mmoffitt) - (16)
                                                         What does "as a right" mean? - (drook) - (15)
                                                             In America, you get the healthcare you can pay for and nothing else. That's wrong. - (mmoffitt) - (14)
                                                                 In Canada... - (Another Scott) - (6)
                                                                     Well, there was one once. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                                                         Re: Well, there was one once. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                                             So, Mike was privileged even as a youth! :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                                                                             So, you know my own experiences better than I? - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                                                 Point is, you were a sample of one. That is all. :-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                                     Okay, Twas not the thrust anyway. :0) -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                                                 Thanks for confirming - (drook) - (6)
                                                                     You've got a strange definition of equality embedded in that statement. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                                                         More words, please? -NT - (drook) - (4)
                                                                             Re: More words, please? - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                                                                 You don't seem to understand *your own* words - (drook) - (2)
                                                                                     Simpler summary of my view: An unequal system is not a defensible system. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                                                         Do you prefer no system? - (drook)
                         Two things - (drook) - (6)
                             Re: (2) - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                 Read much? - (drook) - (4)
                                     Might depend on what "household" means here. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                         They're covered - (drook)
                                         That's because ... - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                             Didn't you say ... - (drook)
         So she would have been covered before the ACA? -NT - (malraux) - (13)
             24 by law, but some plans it would have been 26. Both with no restrictions on pre-existing. - (mmoffitt) - (12)
                 OK, so you paid through the end of the month - (rcareaga) - (7)
                     I'd expect that attitude from a Hillary supporter. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                         FIFY - (rcareaga) - (5)
                             But you *DID* get something. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                 What part of "tangible terms" was unclear? -NT - (rcareaga) - (3)
                                     What part of "no tangible thing != nothing" is unclear? - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                         you are betting hundreds of dollars every month that you will get a dread disease. You lose monthly -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                             I'm not so worried about myself. - (mmoffitt)
                 So.... - (malraux) - (3)
                     This bad, it had to be intentional. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                         Never ascribe to malice, etc. - (malraux) - (1)
                             Come on, nobody's that thick. ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt)
         Could be worse - (dmcarls) - (1)
             Wow. Bibi got his, didn't he? Well done, Obama. -NT - (Another Scott)
         Yeah, Obama's horrible all right. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Touching. Nice to see he knows how to use a six year old. -NT - (mmoffitt)

Using Powerpoint in the schools--that's better than teaching kids how to smoke.
203 ms