IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New For Andrew: Carolina Reaper®
Last night I heard a lecture on peppers and eventually about the Carolina Reaper® by a local, Ed Currie, and Winthrop University Chemistry Professor Cliff Calloway who helped Ed get the Guinness World Record for the hottest pepper in 2013. The Carolina Reaper® measures over 1.5 million on the Scoville Heat Unit Scale.

I sampled two drops of some sauce that was just "hot", i.e. ~600 Scoville, and 28 hours later still feel it in the tongue.

Ed's a character and PuckerButt is cute name for a pepper company.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Good Mythical Morning...
-Mike

@MikeVitale42

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New Pikers on the stupidity scale! :)
This guy ate 100 of those peppers:

Eating 100 Carolina Reaper Sent Me to Hospital *VOMIT BLOOD* Trips to the hospital are not fun.

The peppers were available to sample at the lecture, but I didn't see anyone trying them.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Yes, it replaced the Trinidad Moruga Scorpion . . .
. . in 2015, which was a mere 1,200,000 su. At 2,200,000 su it is still the champ as far as I know. I put a photo on my Chilis page back in April 2015.
     For Andrew: Carolina Reaper® - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
         Good Mythical Morning... - (mvitale) - (1)
             Pikers on the stupidity scale! :) - (a6l6e6x)
         Yes, it replaced the Trinidad Moruga Scorpion . . . - (Andrew Grygus)

Mine almost shook the furnace apart.
43 ms