IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New France wants to take TTIP behind the shed
Something about a "one way street that benefits only US corporations". Similar noises coming out of Germany. Of course, both countries are gearing up far an election cycle.
New It seems like big trade deals are on life-support now.
There are too many chicken politicians, and too many angry voters, to think that huge deals are going to have an easy time of it. Is that a good thing? I dunno.

Cheers,
Scott.
(Who thinks that "free trade" is a misnomer, but also thinks that trade is important. And also that ways need to be found to keep people working in developed countries.)
New Here's a trade agreement problem that I wasn't aware of.
HufPo: Super Court That We’re Not Talking About

There are ways to rip off the public if you've got money and lawyers.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New beware courts where you have no standing
always look out for number one and don't step in number two
New But what's good for Wall Street is good for America, no?
New Sometimes, but not always.
New Let me guess. Like 2008/9?
New (sigh). No time to play right now. ;-)
New :0)
     France wants to take TTIP behind the shed - (scoenye) - (8)
         It seems like big trade deals are on life-support now. - (Another Scott) - (7)
             Here's a trade agreement problem that I wasn't aware of. - (a6l6e6x) - (6)
                 beware courts where you have no standing -NT - (boxley)
                 But what's good for Wall Street is good for America, no? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                     Sometimes, but not always. -NT - (Another Scott) - (3)
                         Let me guess. Like 2008/9? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                             (sigh). No time to play right now. ;-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                 :0) -NT - (mmoffitt)

And so on, and so forth.
71 ms