IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Do you timeshare your craft?
New Flight Club. Heard of them? Of course not. You're out of your depth.
New And I find it interesting the point you picked
You don't want to be part of the elite. Fine. How many people does it need to affect (effect?, f'it) until the base point of a small minority poisoning the majority is ok?
Expand Edited by crazy Aug. 30, 2016, 08:21:19 AM EDT
New For a communist he's a pretty entitled SOB at times.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New I earned it. ;0)
You know, "to each according to his need" and all that.
New Only in theory!
In practice the top 3% do OK, the bottom 97% get subsistence. And the top, all party members, contributes next to nothing.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New I don't think the amount contributed by the top is limited to communist societies. ;0)
New No argument there. But, it's that communism is not a solution.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New MMoffitt's Communisim explained . . .
. . . by a Polish Joke (actually from Poland).

A Polish peasant with a pig over his shoulders is entering the agricultural fairgrounds. He spots a Communist Party recruiting table.

Peasant: "Oh, I've heard there are a lot of advantages to being a member of the Party - it's a really good thing".
Recruiter: "Yes, many advantages. Your social status is improved, you learn a lot, and all your needs are taken care of".
Peasant: "That sounds really good, I'd like to join".
Recruiter: There are some requirements to qualify as a party member, because under Communism all property is shared".
Peasant: "Ok, that sounds good!".
Recruiter: So, are you willing to donate your house, your property and your bank accounts to the Communist Party?".
Peasant: "Well yes, I would, if being a member is so good".
Recruiter: OK then, lets get started with the paperwork, then you sign it and we submit it to the party for acceptance".
Peasant: "Great!"
Recruiter: "Oh, one more thing, that pig on your shoulders, you will need to donate that pig to the Communist party".
Peasant: "What? The pig? Ummm, ummmm, I don't know . . . The pig?".
Recruiter: "What's holding you up about that pig? You've already agreed to donate your home, lands, bank accounts and other property to the Party. Why are you sticking at the pig?".
Peasant: "Well . . . the pig I've got".

Back in the days when Americans were telling Polish Jokes, the Poles had two kinds of jokes: Communist Party jokes and Ukrainian jokes.
New :-)
     GA aircraft are largest remaining source of lead emissions. - (Another Scott) - (54)
         Now you will really piss off Mike! :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Bullshit. - (mmoffitt)
         Retrofitting or not - (malraux) - (50)
             Guppy. -NT - (mmoffitt)
             Yup. This is a solvable problem. Lead is bad news. - (Another Scott) - (48)
                 You guys are mighty damned liberal with MY freedom to fly. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (47)
                     Regulating the use of public spaces is a problem? ;-p - (Another Scott) - (4)
                         You don't know the fleet. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                             Is this guy full of beans? - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                 No, he's not. He's referring to Ethanol Free auto gas. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                     Good points. Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
                     You can fly. It's not the flying that's the problem. -NT - (pwhysall) - (26)
                         This. Fix your goddamned plane then you can fly. It's pretty simple. -NT - (malraux) - (25)
                             Give me $250,000 and I'll do it. Don't give me your unfunded mandate. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (24)
                                 Not my problem. Planes putting lead in the air is. -NT - (malraux) - (11)
                                     Pilots didn't put the lead in the gas. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (10)
                                         Who. Cares? - (malraux) - (9)
                                             How about holding those responsible, responsible for a change? And that ain't us. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                                                 Not holding you responsible - (malraux) - (7)
                                                     Tell you what. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                                                         You don't need to fly a hobby plane for the helicopters to fly. -NT - (malraux) - (5)
                                                             They are GA aircraft and a lot of them burn the same fuel. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                                                 YOU don't need to fly a hobby plane. - (malraux) - (3)
                                                                     Stylish clan there! :-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                         :-) - (malraux)
                                                                     Arrow? -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                 Omfg. 167k out of 300+ million - (crazy) - (11)
                                     Your math is as bad as the rest of you. 167K aircraft != 167K people. HTH. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (10)
                                         Do you timeshare your craft? -NT - (crazy) - (9)
                                             Flight Club. Heard of them? Of course not. You're out of your depth. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                             And I find it interesting the point you picked - (crazy) - (7)
                                                 For a communist he's a pretty entitled SOB at times. -NT - (malraux) - (6)
                                                     I earned it. ;0) - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                                         Only in theory! - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                                                             I don't think the amount contributed by the top is limited to communist societies. ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                                 No argument there. But, it's that communism is not a solution. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                                                     MMoffitt's Communisim explained . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                                         :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                     YTF are you ok with putting lead in the air? -NT - (malraux) - (14)
                         Because there isn't a safe alternative yet. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (13)
                             Safe for *whom*? -NT - (malraux) - (3)
                                 The people in the airplane and the people on the ground they might crash into. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                     Not a problem if they aren't in the air. HTH. -NT - (malraux) - (1)
                                         heh. Thanks for making my point. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                             Yeah, there is. - (pwhysall) - (8)
                                 My ancestors didn't listen to you folks. Why should I? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                                     Well, that's one way to not answer the question. - (pwhysall) - (6)
                                         You won't just be screwing me. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                             Scientific American - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                                 I'll stop at Anderson whenever I get the chance. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                     Looks like you're good to go, but I may be missing something. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                         Thanks, I'll look. - (mmoffitt)
                                         Pretty much - (crazy)
         I did remember the Purdue fuel correctly. Don't worry. Be happy. - (mmoffitt)

I say, I say that was a JOKE, son! A joke!
173 ms