IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New For Static: Opera's servers may have been pwned. (Sorry)
http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/08/26/opera-reports-server-breach-fears-saved-passwords-user-data-may-compromised/

Opera users who utilized the browser's cloud sync option may have had that synchronized data taken by hackers, according to the company. While the full extent of the breach isn't yet known, Opera fears that passwords saved in the browser's manager may have been exposed.

Opera's disclosure is light on details at this point, saying they "detected signs of an attack" that indicated somebody had gained access to the servers used for their synchronization service. They say it was "quickly blocked," but also can't say with certainty what—if anything—was compromised.

Most concerning is the possibility is that the synced passwords kept on the server were taken along with usernames and account passwords.

[...]

Cheers,
Scott.
Expand Edited by Another Scott Aug. 28, 2016, 04:36:09 PM EDT
New "pwned"
New Thanks, but I don't use Opera anymore.
The company had a big change in direction a few years ago when they stopped maintaining their own render engine (Presto) and started again using Blink. Whilst this was a technically good idea, they also changed the purpose of the browser and shed a lot of staff. A lot of what made Opera a good browser became deprecated features.

(One of the guys who left Opera started his own company also creating a browser on top of Blink, but with the same original ideas as Opera. It's called Vivaldi and I use that. It has a lot of the customisation that the current Opera browser will never again have.)

Besides, I never used the sync feature in that or any other browser anyway.

Wade.
New Ah, I remember you mentioning Vivaldi now. Glad it didn't bite you.
     For Static: Opera's servers may have been pwned. (Sorry) - (Another Scott) - (3)
         "pwned" -NT - (pwhysall)
         Thanks, but I don't use Opera anymore. - (static) - (1)
             Ah, I remember you mentioning Vivaldi now. Glad it didn't bite you. -NT - (Another Scott)

Narf!
43 ms