IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Some recent comments on Autism
EurekAlert [aka AAAS via Drexel U.] ... is Source for article in Kos.

The entire topic is oft a pre-meditated time-sink, so for those who have good reason to stay currenrt: this may be stale, or otherwise incomplete.
As my interest is merely 'general' ... am left with there being posited a tentative 'soil-trail' with organo-chlorides in the mix. 'Causality' ever-remains: something of a chimera.

Oh well. At least we'll always have Yakov Smirnoff's Everlaughter: The Neuroscience of Romantic Relationships. His theory (among several others) is that:
that One Sperm who locks the chemical-door behind him: was indeed that typical *Testosterone-crazed male-critter: who didn't stop to ask Directions!

*factoid: a newborn male has same levels of T. as a 24 y.o. ... Yo! Y-y-y-y-Yo

ed: oTpy
Expand Edited by Ashton Aug. 25, 2016, 07:13:30 AM EDT
New I keep away from the topic
I keep away because people with real issues have the significance of those issues diluted by assholes.

1. Autism is over-diagnosed - your kid is a little shit and you're a crap parent. But hey, if Doogie Howser MD says "it's autism!" it's not your fault!

2. Asperger's is over-self-diagnosed - no, you're just an anti-social ignorant nerd with poor social skills. There's nothing fundamentally wrong with you but doesn't it feel good to know that it's not your fault? Fuck you and your triggers. And yes, if it makes you feel better, you can call this a micro-aggression.

I know a family with an (actually) autistic kid. It's really not Rain Man or the lad from London who can draw incredibly well.

He's super-needy, cannot tolerate change of any kind, requires constant (and I mean 100% eyes-on) observation from dawn until dusk, is triggered by a huge list of random shit, and his parents are basically completely exhausted and strung out all the time. Don't get me wrong - he's a nice kid, but the special skills and strategies needed to handle him at all times are just ridiculously demanding.

I wouldn't wish that shit on anyone, and anyone who saw it wouldn't wish it on themselves.
New Re: a newborn male has same levels of T. as a 24 y.o.
Well that explains the erection often seen while changing son's diapers! :)
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Luck
>>> ...that One Sperm who locks the chemical-door behind him....

[...]

..."it's not just the luck of
the Irish, but any man's, to walk the streets
of his town, beneath the shapely moon,
and ponder the dumb luck that brought him here,
against all odds, into the vast lottery of minnow
and ovum, and to know he has once again lucked out,

[...]

http://writersalmanac.publicradio.org/index.php?date=2006/07/15

You have already won one lottery.
New Indeed!
New (Belated drop-in, here) You're Psycho! er,
psychic. Nice selection; love Mr. Blumenthal's source title, Against Romance

Make that 'two' wins; my policy is the usual--buy a Scratcher.. on occasion--fiver, tenner? Sure we Know the Odds and also know:
if'n ya never piss some $$ away well.. no Surprises for You, evah.

Just last week, en passant I dropped a fiver in slot, randomly picked a pretty-colored card. First hint of the possibly HMMMM class:

the [10x] legend just above the un-scratched [Prize] box.
Thought.. Yeah.. Yeah so it's a $2 "win" etc.
Nope,
$5 Tickee and "Win" read: [50.00] X10. (now where was that ROI calculator..?)

(Common Law here drops such into Cat Fund, natch.)
But I can invoke the God of Arbitrary (right next to Tipperary) thus Dinner! for Willing-accomplice and moi. ;^>

'Course too: the Fact that I. Am indubitably Here. already reveals that, given the broken-nature of our local maya ...
I must have really Screwed Up, in a previous venue. Right?

ie Thanks A LOT!! little Shrub-stubborn Pollywog sprinter!
     Some recent comments on Autism - (Ashton) - (5)
         I keep away from the topic - (pwhysall)
         Re: a newborn male has same levels of T. as a 24 y.o. - (a6l6e6x)
         Luck - (dmcarls) - (2)
             Indeed! -NT - (Another Scott)
             (Belated drop-in, here) You're Psycho! er, - (Ashton)

The man with the reverse Midas touch.
78 ms