IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: In-car systems - Toyota: Yay! Ford: Boo!
When I got a Prius, I synced my phone via Bluetooth when I got in. Got a call while I was driving and it came up on the dash. Tapped the green button and the radio muted and I took the call with the in-car mic and speakers.

Needed to make a follow-up call. Tapped the phone button, one of the option was "Directory". Scrolled to the starting letter, scrolled to the name. Tapped the green button and the call was placed.

Pulled up the map on the phone. Entered the destination and selected turn-by-turn navigation. Display popped up on the console and directions came over the car speakers (muting the radio).

IOW it all worked as I would want it to.

Then I got a Fusion. Tried to call on the way to tell them my ETA. After fighting with the interface for a couple of minutes I pulled over and got out the manual. After reading through how to place a call, I finally found a note saying that calls could not be placed while driving since scrolling through your directory while driving was hazardous.

Tried to get navigation to work and I think it was preventing me because they wanted me to buy their service. Whatever the reason, I ended up unlinking the phone from the system because I couldn't make it display anything on the dash, but it wouldn't display on the phone while linked.
--

Drew
New A former cow-orker of mine did usability testing for the Ford SYNC stuff
Every time he tried it out he filled up a page with all of the things about it that sucked. Every time he came back to test again, none of them had been changed.

We had a Focus for a while... SYNC is an abomination.

Our Corolla just works.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
     Hive mind consensus on Windows 10? - (rcareaga) - (24)
         Re: Hive mind consensus on Windows 10? - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
             Well said. - (Another Scott)
         no reason not to use xp is there? - (boxley) - (3)
             The current MB Air does not support XP or even 7 - (rcareaga) - (2)
                 If you use a VM you don't need BootCamp - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     I've installed Libra Office on several machines . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         It's fine. - (pwhysall) - (3)
             +10 on your last sentence - (boxley)
             Re: In-car systems - Toyota: Yay! Ford: Boo! - (drook) - (1)
                 A former cow-orker of mine did usability testing for the Ford SYNC stuff - (malraux)
         I thought 8/8.1 was pretty ground-breaking. - (static) - (2)
             A third of a step step backward towards Windows 7 is a good thing. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 So just use Windows 7 - (pwhysall)
         We upgraded all our workstations to it from 7 last month. - (mmoffitt)
         Re: Hive mind consensus on Windows 10? - (altmann) - (1)
             Slowing down updates. - (static)
         You do not want to become the admin - (scoenye) - (7)
             Yes, "user friendly" almost always means "techncian unfriendly". -NT - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                 At the OS level, it has to be - (drook) - (2)
                     But not like this - (scoenye) - (1)
                         Yes, that is how it is. -NT - (Andrew Grygus)
             Printer management is a never ending disaster in Windows. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 Win 10 comes with Bonjour, it's just not good at finding Windows printers :-/ -NT - (scoenye) - (1)
                     Should have known. :-/ -NT - (Another Scott)

Life was hard for the pioneers, but every now and again, someone would get out the fiddle and make it all worse.
70 ms