IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New It probably is. But, is the holdup real or made up to cover bad behavior?
That's still to be determined.

Sometimes "white lies" have major consequences.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New I snorted to myself last night about Costas's comment.
They had a few minute segment on the incident. Near the end (I haven't watched it again), Costas said something like (not an actual quote):

'We should emphasize that Lochte isn't being accused of any crime, and after all telling the police things that are untrue isn't illegal.'

I was flabbergasted.

The segment seemed pretty damning to me, but I wasn't paying rapt attention so maybe I missed some things.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Lochte wasn't the only reason for my post.
The Brits and Aussies *have* been robbed. Heard on NPR just a bit ago that Lochte and his teammates apparently broke a bathroom door at a gas station and an armed guard there tried to get them to stay until they paid for the damage. Apparently, there's some video evidence of this. And Costas is *WRONG* about lying to police in Brazil. It's an offense for which you can get jail time.
New Great link from there
In particular, watch the video about the smile that cracked up the internet.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/18/sport/rio-olympics-2016-five-to-watch-day-13/index.html
--

Drew
     Brazil is a festering sh*thole. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
         It probably is. But, is the holdup real or made up to cover bad behavior? - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
             I snorted to myself last night about Costas's comment. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 Lochte wasn't the only reason for my post. - (mmoffitt)
         Great link from there - (drook)

Satire is now officially dead. It died from laughing too hard and choking on its own vomit.
46 ms