IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I have a question for you
From what I have read and watched a tiny house costs from 23k if you build it yourself to 40k why do all of that work when you can have
http://gulfport.craigslist.org/rvs/5711142195.html
http://gulfport.craigslist.org/rvd/5700006113.html etc?
always look out for number one and don't step in number two
New That was my thinking as well.
Though financing, insurance, etc., might be easier with a "real" house.

Something like this (not necessarily that particular one) might be worth considering. It's not going to break, and it's not going to depreciate any more either. Gas would cost a mint, but if you don't drive it much then it's not a major concern.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Scott.
New small chevy motor in a ford frame? not what he needs.
Get a chevy truck cheap with a blown motor. Put in a crate 350, now it is like a new one.
New I was thinking more of the chassis.
Yeah, a Chevy V-8 in that truck is a bit of sacrilege.

A neighbor had a truck like that that he used when he redid his roof (rolled it up to the edge of the roof and shoveled the old shingles in). It was quite a beast. I think it had the original motor.

Cheers,
Scott.
New A possibility
But the preference is to pack as much usable space into something that moves rarely, which means upper level lofts. On the other hand, we might start with something like you pointed to, and build on site after a year there.
New Ack. Got my marching orders
Buy something new for a payment of $225 that can tow something big. Shit. Is that possible?
New Buy? Sounds tough. Lease maybe? Remaining 2015 model maybe?
Look at other brands than Ford and Chevy if you need something less expensive.

I went to Edmunds and poked around - Fords were astronomical. Maybe Nissan?

Good luck.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Specific model/engine configuration?
New Dunno.
If you're pulling a trailer, you want a lot of torque and a HD suspension. Both of those things add a lot to the cost. I don't even know if Nissan has a truck that they say can tow a large trailer. Let's see... It looks like they do.

Nissan Towing Capacity.

Check out http://www.tomraper.com/towguide

E.g. this trailer is 5540 pounds.

HTH a little.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Pick two
--

Drew
New Possible alternative.
Maybe just pay someone to tow the trailer when you're ready to move on? Maybe $2 a mile one-way (in 2010).

A new truck big enough to pull a lot of weight is going to be horribly expensive. Moving it across the country could cost $6k if you pay someone $2/mi. That's about 6-12 months of new gigantic truck payments (neglecting insurance). If you spend $30k+ on a new truck, you're going to lose a bundle with depreciation (most people who want pickups want new ones).

It looks like Ram has the best incentives now so they might be worth checking out. A friend used to say that Dodge trucks had weak front-ends. I don't know if that's still true or not.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Scott.
New Never mind.
Brought M into reality.
New :-)
New cmon down, finish here, get truck later
New And the elevation is...? :)
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New jdidnt flood in the rain we were having and during katrina lost on sheet of tin from the roof
3 miles from beach, plenty safe. Actually looked at it for myself. I liked it but MJ started talking about construction she would want to start immediately so I lost interest. One acre, lot of room, new pump and plumbing. I like the outdoor kitchen and canopies
Expand Edited by boxley Aug. 18, 2016, 04:32:29 PM EDT
     TTAC: Scott Adams wants to buy a truck. Or does he? - (Another Scott) - (35)
         on buying a truck - (boxley) - (34)
             Raptor doesn't come with anything as small as the 302 :-) - (scoenye)
             The guy at TTAC seems right about the straight-six vs the V-8. - (Another Scott) - (9)
                 I6 is always a nicer engine than a V8 - (pwhysall) - (7)
                     Mas macho. -NT - (Another Scott) - (4)
                         No! No es mas macho. Ricardo Mantalban es mas macho! -NT - (mmoffitt)
                         you calling my 5ft 2in 105 lb wife Mas macho? only truck we own is hers :-) -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                             Sounds about right - (scoenye) - (1)
                                 offered her a new vehicle for her birthday, last one was bought in 2005 - (boxley)
                     Trucks are a bit more versatile - (scoenye) - (1)
                         I have a plastix 4ft x 2 ft xmas tree container tied to the back of the truck - (boxley)
                 Gas hog is about right - (scoenye)
             So what would you recommend - (crazy) - (22)
                 I have a question for you - (boxley) - (15)
                     That was my thinking as well. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                         small chevy motor in a ford frame? not what he needs. - (boxley) - (1)
                             I was thinking more of the chassis. - (Another Scott)
                     A possibility - (crazy)
                     Ack. Got my marching orders - (crazy) - (10)
                         Buy? Sounds tough. Lease maybe? Remaining 2015 model maybe? - (Another Scott) - (2)
                             Specific model/engine configuration? -NT - (crazy) - (1)
                                 Dunno. - (Another Scott)
                         Pick two -NT - (drook)
                         Possible alternative. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                             Never mind. - (crazy) - (1)
                                 :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                         cmon down, finish here, get truck later - (boxley) - (2)
                             And the elevation is...? :) -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                 jdidnt flood in the rain we were having and during katrina lost on sheet of tin from the roof - (boxley)
                 You could consider buying a used "5th wheel" trailer. - (a6l6e6x)
                 Just had a couple of relatives do that - (scoenye)
                 Are you limiting yourself to trucks? - (static) - (3)
                     Nah - (crazy) - (2)
                         it is like choosing an OS clearly identifiy what you want it to pull then look for a truck -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                             I liked the rental suggestion - (crazy)