IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I had one of these for a while
http://www.nycewheels.com/ezee-forza-electric-bike.html

Max speed was about 21 MPH before human assist. So I topped out about 25 MPH. Acceleration beat most cars from lights. Shocked those drivers. Went about 10 miles between charges. Highly recommended.

Gave it to my daughter for that critical final year in high school. Too soon to trust her with a car, yet it gave her a bit of independence, that 1st taste of freedom that was critical for her development.
New Neat. Thanks for the pointer.
New Seconding that experience, via a Whizzer™ motor-bike
I quite remember showing up at a house ... with $50 USD; next to return-self to Pacific Beach (S.Diego area) via A POWERED bike! == Freedom!!

And it was; you got that exactly right.
(I almost talked my mater into allowing me to tackle Palomar Mt./the 200" Hale telescope, then largest evah.)
Still unclear if it could have made the grade ... there's probably lots of data re that climb though, and was then. They had to get that mirror delivered. (I then had no idea I'd soon be in a place where the original drawings were on the mech-drawing-class wall. Synchronicity-before-Jung, yet.)

Anyway, a car was out of question for a 14 yo HS Jr. Then. But that experience launched me later, onto a Lambretta--the Work-of-Art model--and n+1 bikes.

(And, unless I've been inhabiting a space-warp near a worm-hole, it seems that I survived them all; may your daughter acquire similar survival skillz, early on!)
     Interesting gizmo for sale on Prime Day at Amazon - (Another Scott) - (31)
         A Segway you can sit on? -NT - (pwhysall) - (8)
             That's what I thought ... look at the second product image -NT - (drook)
             It looks like you "steer" it with your knees. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                 Don't forget what the Segway started out as - (drook) - (3)
                     Good point. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                         Arduino.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                             :-) People are doing lots of neat things with them. There are lots of similar controllers, too. - (Another Scott)
                 I think George would still fall off... -NT - (scoenye) - (1)
                     rofl. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
         Segway: a solution looking for a problem - (pwhysall) - (21)
             Maybe. - (Another Scott) - (13)
                 You're both completely missing the point - (malraux) - (1)
                     D'Oh! -NT - (Another Scott)
                 It doesn't have a tiny footprint, though. - (pwhysall) - (10)
                     Dunno about cheap. - (Another Scott) - (9)
                         So that one's $1600 - (pwhysall) - (8)
                             So you're planning on shorting Ninebot then? :-) We'll see. - (Another Scott) - (7)
                                 Re: So you're planning on shorting Ninebot then? :-) We'll see. - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                     Bolt doesn't stop instantly either. ;-) - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                         That's just dumb - (drook) - (1)
                                             It's apparently not that bad in the real world. - (Another Scott)
                                 I had one of these for a while - (crazy) - (2)
                                     Neat. Thanks for the pointer. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                     Seconding that experience, via a Whizzer™ motor-bike - (Ashton)
             Integrating with the current infrastructure - (drook) - (5)
                 Cars were rapidly *massively* better than carriages - (pwhysall) - (2)
                     Agreed - (drook) - (1)
                         I want the conveyors from Caves of Steel. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                 Interestingly, for a while in between there, as bicycles replaced horses for riding... - (CRConrad) - (1)
                     My first encounter with København.. - (Ashton)
             Nope, wrong: That one is apparently ideal for at least some disabled people. - (CRConrad)

A poodle is literally a wolf in sheep's clothing.
56 ms