1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New A Segway you can sit on?
New That's what I thought ... look at the second product image
--

Drew
New It looks like you "steer" it with your knees.
http://www.segwayminipro.com/

Easy To Ride

You don’t need hours of practice to master the miniPRO. We use decades of combined industry knowledge to simplify the miniPRO riding experience. The ergonomic design utilizes precision sensors to capture your body’s movements and maintain your balance. The knee control bar allows you to steer more easily and more precisely than two-wheeled hoverboards.

It would probably be too much of a challenge to balance, steer, etc., while seated. At least right now.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Don't forget what the Segway started out as
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBOT

Balance and steering while seated is solved, with a joystick anyway.
--

Drew
New Good point.
That gizmo probably cost a lot more than $700 though. :-)

But maybe balance really is a solved problem now - Self-balancing inverted pendulum with Arduino.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Arduino..
appears to be the/ a?/ 'Solution' for those who eschew the messiness of learning how to connect components which mirror basic electrical/electronic functions ... on physical boards.
Kinda like substituting some computer-logical decisions for the Analog matters (which matter.. awfully, sometimes) ie. Electronics-light?

Guess it's better than manifest impotence (even to visualize how-it-Is that? paralleled resistances follow that simple addition of 1/x etc.)
At any rate, one shall run-up-against Maxwell's equations sooner or later, or forever stay with 'light'. Right?

Kinda a cute idea though, if one has the disposable income ... just to mess with one of those 2-wheel platforms in just this plug-together way..
Give it a brain and you can call out, Jeeves! bring me a Brandy Alexander, chilled ;-^>
New :-) People are doing lots of neat things with them. There are lots of similar controllers, too.
Adafruit for $7.00 for 1.

The electronics are so cheap now that just about everything electric could have various logic functions built in. Kids playing with them would seem to be this generation's Tinker Toys and Erector Sets.

Cheers,
Scott.
New I think George would still fall off...
New rofl. :-)
     Interesting gizmo for sale on Prime Day at Amazon - (Another Scott) - (31)
         A Segway you can sit on? -NT - (pwhysall) - (8)
             That's what I thought ... look at the second product image -NT - (drook)
             It looks like you "steer" it with your knees. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                 Don't forget what the Segway started out as - (drook) - (3)
                     Good point. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                         Arduino.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                             :-) People are doing lots of neat things with them. There are lots of similar controllers, too. - (Another Scott)
                 I think George would still fall off... -NT - (scoenye) - (1)
                     rofl. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
         Segway: a solution looking for a problem - (pwhysall) - (21)
             Maybe. - (Another Scott) - (13)
                 You're both completely missing the point - (malraux) - (1)
                     D'Oh! -NT - (Another Scott)
                 It doesn't have a tiny footprint, though. - (pwhysall) - (10)
                     Dunno about cheap. - (Another Scott) - (9)
                         So that one's $1600 - (pwhysall) - (8)
                             So you're planning on shorting Ninebot then? :-) We'll see. - (Another Scott) - (7)
                                 Re: So you're planning on shorting Ninebot then? :-) We'll see. - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                     Bolt doesn't stop instantly either. ;-) - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                         That's just dumb - (drook) - (1)
                                             It's apparently not that bad in the real world. - (Another Scott)
                                 I had one of these for a while - (crazy) - (2)
                                     Neat. Thanks for the pointer. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                     Seconding that experience, via a Whizzer™ motor-bike - (Ashton)
             Integrating with the current infrastructure - (drook) - (5)
                 Cars were rapidly *massively* better than carriages - (pwhysall) - (2)
                     Agreed - (drook) - (1)
                         I want the conveyors from Caves of Steel. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                 Interestingly, for a while in between there, as bicycles replaced horses for riding... - (CRConrad) - (1)
                     My first encounter with København.. - (Ashton)
             Nope, wrong: That one is apparently ideal for at least some disabled people. - (CRConrad)

The fourth-worst poetry in the known Universe.
139 ms