IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New A good summary except...
A good summary except Boris Johnson being backstabbed was the excuse, not the reason, to quit. He also expected Remain to win and the mostly Leave Conservative membership to hate the result. As Cameron declared he'd resign sometime by 2020, Johnson could wait for that, then use his popularity and Leave credentials to win Conservative leadership and almost certainly Prime Minister.

However, Leave won and the next Prime Minister won't be able to fix the mess. Just because Gove backstabbed him doesn't mean he doesn't have a chance in the leadership contest. After all, Johnson has media presence, Gove is regarded as a dogmatic idiot, May lacks popularity and the rest lack name recognition. But who wants to be blamed for an upcoming recession and poor exit negotiations? Better to wait for another chance.
--------------------------------------------
Matthew Greet

I'm not prejudiced. I hate everyone equally.
New OT: Welcome back! Don't be a stranger.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     The Brexit crisis, explained by BuzzFeed - (malraux) - (15)
         And now... - (pwhysall) - (10)
             You know why, don't you? - (drook)
             Theresa May? - (Another Scott) - (8)
                 Leadsom is the banker. - (pwhysall) - (7)
                     ALEC and the Koch Brothers like her. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                         This is so far from my world - (drook)
                         Dupe - ignore - (scoenye)
                         Wondering why? - (scoenye) - (3)
                             I see. She's another Teabagger. :-( It's unfortunate they escaped the Americas... -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                 Leadsom withdrew. Big Sister May has it unless someone comes out of the woodwork. -NT - (scoenye) - (1)
                                     May will... - (a6l6e6x)
         This link reads like the onion - (crazy) - (1)
             Re: This link reads like the onion - (pwhysall)
         A good summary except... - (warmachine) - (1)
             OT: Welcome back! Don't be a stranger. -NT - (a6l6e6x)

[E.T. finally dies... general clapping and hurrahs]
80 ms