IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Of course, bear is the second most common source of . . .
. . Trichinosis, after free range pigs. Last I heard, walrus was the third.
New There must not be many cases then, because I can't imagine there's a lot of bear consumed.
--

Drew
New The US gets only about 20 cases a year . . .
. . contrasting to thousands in some Asian countries. Trichinosis has been pretty much eliminated from commercial pork, so all cases come from home raised pigs or wild game. Any animal that is not 100% vegetarian can carry this parasite.

Germany is even stricter than the USDA. because they have a tradition of eating raw pork.
     I could not resist. - (Andrew Grygus) - (15)
         You're a brave man. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
         Most of my "exotics" have been U.S. sourced - (drook) - (4)
             Of course, bear is the second most common source of . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                 There must not be many cases then, because I can't imagine there's a lot of bear consumed. -NT - (drook) - (1)
                     The US gets only about 20 cases a year . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
             I had bear hamburger a couple years ago. Verdict: Meh. - (CRConrad)
         Be sure to tell us if they taste like chicken. :) -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (8)
             OK, I can now testify with authority . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (7)
                 You'll certainly be prepared for the Apocalypse! - (Another Scott)
                 Looks like you're ready for the Appalachian version of Brunswick stew with squirrel meat. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                     I would already have done that a couple years ago . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                 Step 9 typo - (crazy) - (1)
                     thanks. It was a typo I made during the final spellcheck -NT - (Andrew Grygus)
                 Tyop on main (not recipe) page - (drook) - (1)
                     Thanks -NT - (Andrew Grygus)

It's like dingos mating with elephants: messy loud with lots of snapping and position changes.
67 ms