IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Most of my "exotics" have been U.S. sourced
Bear, beaver, squirrel, possum, etc. Some of them just aren't worth the effort unless you're really desperate - squirrel is a lot of effort for not much edible meat. Some need to be cooked right - possum caught early in the winter are greasy as hell and do better over open flame than in a pot.

Then there's bear. I gave it three tries - meatballs in gravy, barbecued, and roast steak - to make sure I was judging the meat, not the chef. Every time the taste and texture reminded me of the muck at the bottom of a still pond.

I'm still first in line to try new things, but armadillo and fugu are off the list.
--

Drew
New Of course, bear is the second most common source of . . .
. . Trichinosis, after free range pigs. Last I heard, walrus was the third.
New There must not be many cases then, because I can't imagine there's a lot of bear consumed.
--

Drew
New The US gets only about 20 cases a year . . .
. . contrasting to thousands in some Asian countries. Trichinosis has been pretty much eliminated from commercial pork, so all cases come from home raised pigs or wild game. Any animal that is not 100% vegetarian can carry this parasite.

Germany is even stricter than the USDA. because they have a tradition of eating raw pork.
New I had bear hamburger a couple years ago. Verdict: Meh.
Then again, could have been because this place ( http://www.roslund.fi/teurastamon-portti/ ) -- like most others nowadays -- was (and still is) so bloody hipster trendy that they serve all meat as raw as possible, and usually a little raw-er still; and I forgot to ask for mine well done.

Fucking fuckwits of the restarateur business, when are you going to learn that the difference between humans and (the other) animals is that we eat our meat cooked?!? One of the few, perhaps the only, thing(s) where I've gotta say: I'm with the Drumpster on this one.
--
Christian R. Conrad
Same old username (as above), but now on iki.fi

(Yeah, yeah, it redirects to the same old GMail... But just in case I ever want to change.)
     I could not resist. - (Andrew Grygus) - (15)
         You're a brave man. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
         Most of my "exotics" have been U.S. sourced - (drook) - (4)
             Of course, bear is the second most common source of . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                 There must not be many cases then, because I can't imagine there's a lot of bear consumed. -NT - (drook) - (1)
                     The US gets only about 20 cases a year . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
             I had bear hamburger a couple years ago. Verdict: Meh. - (CRConrad)
         Be sure to tell us if they taste like chicken. :) -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (8)
             OK, I can now testify with authority . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (7)
                 You'll certainly be prepared for the Apocalypse! - (Another Scott)
                 Looks like you're ready for the Appalachian version of Brunswick stew with squirrel meat. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                     I would already have done that a couple years ago . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                 Step 9 typo - (crazy) - (1)
                     thanks. It was a typo I made during the final spellcheck -NT - (Andrew Grygus)
                 Tyop on main (not recipe) page - (drook) - (1)
                     Thanks -NT - (Andrew Grygus)

The recommended age to have a Ouija board is 8+ years. So you have to be 21 to drink alcohol but only 8 to summon the devil.
48 ms