IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New "Angel of Freedom"
Yes indeed, that's the label one our online patriots affixed to this image, with no discernible trace of irony. I daresay that US bombers have been called a number of things by the people on whom they've dumped millions of tons of high explosives over the course of the past several decades, but we may pardonably doubt whether "Angel of Freedom" was ever uttered in this connection.

cordially,

angel”>
New Re: "Angel of Freedom"
My son inlaw was the crew chief for those. Interesting bird all right. Angel of death maybe. When that goes off friend and foe die alike.
always look out for number one and don't step in number two
New Looks alot like a Russian-made cargo plane to me
Ilyushin Il-76 to be specific.
New There are lots of C-130 pictures like that, but the C-130 is a prop-plane.
E.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI9OPkfXBlM (0:20)

I wonder if someone airbrushed the jet over some C-130 images...

http://www.strangemilitary.com/content/item/144494.html

Cheers,
Scott.
New Re: There are lots of C-130 pictures like that, but the C-130 is a prop-plane.
It's probably real. I'd imagine various air forces use similar tactics to fend off shoulder launched missile attacks during takeoff/landing.

I just found it amusing that our OP (Original Patriot, to which RC was referring) managed to pick that one image of a foreign plane given the chorus of similar images available of genuine 'murican A/C-130 plumage.
New Dunno.
It looks too much like this MC-130H to me to be a coincidence. (Like maybe RC's picture was taken just a few frames later in the same flight.)

FWIW.

It's kinda interesting that neither Tineye nor Goggle's photo search can turn up RC's image elsewhere. It's a mystery! :-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New :-)
New Not the same plane look at the tail.
New Right. But it's not that hard to swap in a different plane. That's my only observation. :-)
New Airbrushed a T-tail?
     "Angel of Freedom" - (rcareaga) - (10)
         Re: "Angel of Freedom" - (boxley)
         Looks alot like a Russian-made cargo plane to me - (altmann) - (8)
             There are lots of C-130 pictures like that, but the C-130 is a prop-plane. - (Another Scott) - (7)
                 Re: There are lots of C-130 pictures like that, but the C-130 is a prop-plane. - (altmann) - (5)
                     Dunno. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                         Re: Dunno. - (altmann) - (1)
                             :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                         Not the same plane look at the tail. -NT - (jake123) - (1)
                             Right. But it's not that hard to swap in a different plane. That's my only observation. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                 Airbrushed a T-tail? -NT - (mmoffitt)

My, we are a grumpy bastard.
98 ms