IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New TSA + Freeeedom Day: a natural 2016 pairing, unless..
You are an ill teenager, enroute from a St. Jude therapy session, and encounter a Standard-TSA-Goon ..who listens to No One (like say: your mother?)

From within a Dis-United and daily disintegrating-hegemon:
Is this insanity transmissible via forces 'at-a-distance'? (whatever physics imagines, back there in space-time.)

Guess I was wrong, imagining that the local signs of {some.. Any..} impending doom: would echo The Day of the Jackpot in that mild, disrobing affectation (now a familiar anyway: so oft used to hawk the usual merchandise.)

Nope; it's Murica and there MUST be blood involved in the closing rituals.. Sure glad I didn't have to fly anywhere during the Freeedom Follies of 2016; would have had to take Amtrack N.
and hope that Canadians couldn't possibly be as gratuitously-dense as our locals/selected for *studied.. obtuseness.

* oxymoron alert? only in Murica can you find a course teaching obtuse-itude (as a prerequisite for certain kinds of wannabe-Cop roles.)
New Yep, give one with a minimum wage job some power and see what happens.
Someone needed to have said "These are not the drones you’re looking for.”
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New i thought they were unionied with a decent wage?
always look out for number one and don't step in number two
New Perhaps I'm out of date - looks like screeners are $13 - $17 now.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New "Out of date" is $13 being more than minimum wage
--

Drew
New Can't argue against that.
Alex

-- Isaac Asimov
New I had sort of expected this to be one of the contractor-run airports.
But it appears that these were genuine TSA people - https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/screening-partnerships

It's Twitter, so there's the usual caveats, but AskTSA:

In reply to Sean Malseed
AskTSA ‏@AskTSA 2h2 hours ago

@seanmalseed Reports on unfortunate situation in Memphis are inaccurate. The interaction with TSA did not result in any of the injuries…1/2

In reply to Sean Malseed
AskTSA ‏@AskTSA 1h1 hour ago

@seanmalseed ...she is claiming. Police responded when passenger refused screening. We can’t comment further due to pending litigation. 2/2

Obviously, the AskTSA person wasn't there.

What happened? Who knows.

Obviously screeners should be trained to handle situations with people who can't be screened in the usual ways. Did that happen here? Apparently not.

Whatever the cause, I'm sure it was terrifying for the young woman and her mother. :-(

Cheers,
Scott.
New ..and some people think it's just «artificial» intelligence we need to ƒeare, here in the Dis-U.S.
     TSA + Freeeedom Day: a natural 2016 pairing, unless.. - (Ashton) - (7)
         Yep, give one with a minimum wage job some power and see what happens. - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
             i thought they were unionied with a decent wage? -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                 Perhaps I'm out of date - looks like screeners are $13 - $17 now. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                     "Out of date" is $13 being more than minimum wage -NT - (drook) - (1)
                         Can't argue against that. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         I had sort of expected this to be one of the contractor-run airports. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             ..and some people think it's just «artificial» intelligence we need to ƒeare, here in the Dis-U.S. -NT - (Ashton)

Have your cake and drink it too!
50 ms