IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New iwethey --
well yesterday was fun. Needed a motor for a boat. Went and used up all of my available credit to pay $4800 for a 18ft boat with a gashed bottom and a 2006 motor. Plan was to put that motor on the other boat my kid's fiance had built so he can go make a buck fishing. Was leaving early from work at 3pm (planned with laughable blessing) at 2pm the kid needed help lifting the motor 115hp evinrude. Went back to my system and was locked out with an account expired message.
Call the help desk and my buddy Jody tells me oh man, We had an email from your boss to delete the account.
Now why didnt she fire me friday? Fuck Me. Luckily I reactivated my resume which takes you to the top of the list and have been getting 5 calls a day.
always look out for number one and don't step in number two
New Oh man. :-( I hope the downtime is short. Good luck!!
New Ouch. That sucks! :( Fast returns.
-Mike

@MikeVitale42

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New Damn. Cringer fossed for you.
New Sucks.
New Good luck, Box!
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New That's just plain Rude. Truly uncivil: the Companies which you'unses keep! {afloat}
New Ah no.
With my access I could bring a very large company down in less than a minute. They did not have a choice on how to do it.
New Yup
It's harsh, but it's the only rational way to deal with people who got root.
New So then..
In the case where someone knows where a back-door resides, say (maybe for having made it..) I suppose that the only Enterprise-friendly solution would be..

..well, you know. with extreme prejudice.

Hey you're all just-like-the-NRA: the only remedy for a bad-guy-with-a-code is, a Good-guy-with-a-code that erases the bad-guy's good code.

Brain hurts. Want yellow/oily paper-tape with bootstrap loader. Digits were warmer, fuzzier then.

Only Safe-mantra for an ITer:

I. Know. Nothing.
What is this place, how did I get here? Please show me where the sidewalk is. I want to go home.

Y.P.B.-with-Feeling.
New My step-mom was an IT VP at a fairly big place...
She rose up through the ranks after starting with computer stuff in the 1960s.

Near the end of her career she told me that there was a serious school of thought that one should fire the irreplaceable people in IT because they were too dangerous to the company. Yet somehow those irreplaceable people were never IT managers. ;-)

That tells me that the processes inside the company are broken, not the people, but there you are.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Mr Tilly used to say the same thing
New Till-ayyyyyy!!!!!!
--

Drew
New Yeah, we tag teamed that meme
But it is a bit more complex. A manager should never let an employee hold the company hostage. So if that happens, it is management's fault for not providing a backup person to share those critical responsibilities. On the other hand, if a person creates a project only they can maintain, and embeds themselves and refuse to knowledge transfer ,then they can't be trusted and need to be fired.
New People can be single points of failure too
Don't fire them. Just move them out of their current positions and into something else to force the knowledge transfer.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Good luck, box.
"Religion, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable."
~ AMBROSE BIERCE
(1842-1914)
New Yech. Godspeed with a new gig.
And yeah, root means a quick walk to the door.
Regards,
-scott
New Luck with the job hunt lad. I'm sure you'll land on your feet post-haste.
New Had a good interview with app director today, 2nd interview with CIO and IT director friday
New Nice. Knock it out of the park.
New Excellent, good luck!
Regards,
-scott
New Fingers crossed!
New hope I didnt blow it, went into clockbuilding mode for a while.
New I is an Architect start July 11th iwethey++ waiting on paperwork
Expand Edited by boxley June 24, 2016, 03:45:39 PM EDT
New Nice, congrats!
Regards,
-scott
New Woot++
-Mike

@MikeVitale42

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New and Yay
--

Drew
New [peter likes this]
New Excellent! The world needs clock makers and architects, but the latter probably pays better! :-)
New Excellent!
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Good job!
"Religion, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable."
~ AMBROSE BIERCE
(1842-1914)
New Congrats!
New That was quick.. ya got them to Decide (without the cha. cha. ? :-)
New of coarse this was done over the phone, first day of work might be "ah! fek a wrinkly!!!" yer fired
     iwethey -- - (boxley) - (33)
         Oh man. :-( I hope the downtime is short. Good luck!! -NT - (Another Scott)
         Ouch. That sucks! :( Fast returns. -NT - (mvitale)
         Damn. Cringer fossed for you. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         Sucks. -NT - (pwhysall)
         Good luck, Box! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         That's just plain Rude. Truly uncivil: the Companies which you'unses keep! {afloat} -NT - (Ashton) - (8)
             Ah no. - (boxley) - (7)
                 Yup - (pwhysall)
                 So then.. - (Ashton) - (5)
                     My step-mom was an IT VP at a fairly big place... - (Another Scott) - (4)
                         Mr Tilly used to say the same thing -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                             Till-ayyyyyy!!!!!! -NT - (drook)
                             Yeah, we tag teamed that meme - (crazy)
                         People can be single points of failure too - (malraux)
         Good luck, box. -NT - (hnick)
         Yech. Godspeed with a new gig. - (malraux)
         Luck with the job hunt lad. I'm sure you'll land on your feet post-haste. -NT - (jake123) - (16)
             Had a good interview with app director today, 2nd interview with CIO and IT director friday -NT - (boxley) - (15)
                 Nice. Knock it out of the park. -NT - (jake123)
                 Excellent, good luck! -NT - (malraux)
                 Fingers crossed! -NT - (Another Scott)
                 hope I didnt blow it, went into clockbuilding mode for a while. -NT - (boxley) - (11)
                     I is an Architect start July 11th iwethey++ waiting on paperwork -NT - (boxley) - (10)
                         Nice, congrats! -NT - (malraux)
                         Woot++ -NT - (mvitale) - (1)
                             and Yay -NT - (drook)
                         [peter likes this] -NT - (pwhysall)
                         Excellent! The world needs clock makers and architects, but the latter probably pays better! :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                         Excellent! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                         Good job! -NT - (hnick)
                         Congrats! -NT - (mmoffitt)
                         That was quick.. ya got them to Decide (without the cha. cha. ? :-) -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
                             of coarse this was done over the phone, first day of work might be "ah! fek a wrinkly!!!" yer fired -NT - (boxley)

Fac ut vivas.
245 ms