IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Oden - a vegetarian version.
For Music Group events, I always try to have at least one major dish and a couple of minor ones composed for vegetarians. For the next one I decided to compose a vegetarian version of the Japanese Oden stew. It's not hard to make, but I can't say that for composing the recipe, it took a lot of work over 3 days.

Way back in the mists of time, I used to have an August Brunch party every year, for up to 40 people (I had friends back in those days). For one of them I was making a very large pot of Oden. A couple of people I knew had gotten this idea of setting up a vegetarian catering business to serve at New Age events. They came over to see how it was done. I put them to work preparing vegetables for the Oden, and other such tasks. By time they left, they had decided that this catering thing was totally unsuitable for Intellectual New Age Environmentalists - it was work! Hard work!

Oden, Vegetarian

After this event is over, I'll do up a non-vegetarian version.
Expand Edited by Andrew Grygus June 12, 2016, 05:44:11 PM EDT
New Thanks for the detailed explanation of the Japanese names.
I did not know I occasionally was snacking on Nori. But, it's roasted seasoned seaweed sheets from Korea. So, it might be technically something else.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New If it's sold specifically as a snack . . .
. . it's probably lightly seasoned, but it's still Nori (kim or gim in Korean). It's all a red algae (Porphyra yezoensis or P. tenera), known as "Laver" in Europe. It's chopped up and laid into paper and dried. It is then lightly toasted, which turns it green.
New Yep, that fits!
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     Oden - a vegetarian version. - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
         Thanks for the detailed explanation of the Japanese names. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
             If it's sold specifically as a snack . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 Yep, that fits! -NT - (a6l6e6x)

Thanks for playing!
38 ms