IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New There may be more here:
Mistaken Point Ecological Reserve
In normal conditions, when marine organisms die, only bones, shells, and other hard parts are preserved as fossils. The soft-bodied creatures at Mistaken Point lived millions of years before animals developed skeletons, but the imprints of their soft tissues were preserved in place on the muddy sea floor when they were suddenly buried by repeated volcanic ash-falls. The volcanic ash layers contain zircon, which makes it possible for geologists to accurately date the different fossil layers. Fossils of similar age are found in Russia and Australia, but the variety found at Mistaken Point make the site unique.
So, it sounds like repeated volcanic ash-falls that settled to the ocean floor.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Had a hard time picturing the dispersal to below 3000'
without airborne ash being spread so thin that it would no longer be noticeable. However, it seems a pyroclastic flow of the right temperature and composition can travel ~500 miles on the water, dropping ash all along the way.
New I'd love to see that ... on video, of course
--

Drew
     Vegetarian Fish Sauce. - (Andrew Grygus) - (9)
         So, seaweed and mushrooms have to be slaughtered to make it? - (a6l6e6x) - (8)
             Yes, and the pressing ethical question is . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (7)
                 I paid homage to the relics of our common ancestors in Newfoundland. - (a6l6e6x) - (5)
                     Thanks. Amazingly I was not yet aware of that site. - (Andrew Grygus)
                     Something strange in there - (scoenye) - (3)
                         There may be more here: - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                             Had a hard time picturing the dispersal to below 3000' - (scoenye) - (1)
                                 I'd love to see that ... on video, of course -NT - (drook)
                 Yup, closer to animals than plants - (crazy)

Does this snake smell funny to you?
68 ms