IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I am *SHOCKED*. Shocked, I tell you.
A U.S. appeals court on Monday threw out a jury's finding that Bank of America Corp was liable for mortgage fraud leading up to the 2008 financial crisis, voiding a $1.27 billion penalty and dealing the U.S. Department of Justice a major setback.

The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New York found insufficient proof under federal fraud statutes to establish Bank of America's liability over a mortgage program called "Hustle" run by the former Countrywide Financial Corp.

The Justice Department claimed Countrywide, which Bank of America bought in July 2008, defrauded government-sponsored mortgage financiers Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac by selling them thousands of toxic loans.

But in a 3-0 decision, U.S. Circuit Judge Richard Wesley said the evidence at most showed that Countrywide breached contracts to sell investment-quality loans, and that there was no proof it intended any deception.

"The trial evidence fails to demonstrate the contemporaneous fraudulent intent necessary to prove a scheme to defraud through contractual promises," Wesley wrote.

Bank of America said it was pleased with the ruling. A spokesman for Manhattan U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara, whose office pursued the case, had no immediate comment.

http://www.reuters.com/article/bank-of-america-fraud-idUSL2N18K101

I wonder if this imminent decision was shared by Hillary in one of her million dollar speeches to the bankster class?
New Banksters have good lawyers. Film at 11.
If Enron executives could get off, it should have been clear that prosecution under existing criminal laws is very, very difficult.

That's another reason why voting for more Democrats is important.

(Cue Rant #127 from MM saying They're All The Sameā„¢)

Cheers,
Scott.
     I am *SHOCKED*. Shocked, I tell you. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
         Banksters have good lawyers. Film at 11. - (Another Scott)

I bought a mouse to try it out on before using it myself.
118 ms