IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Doubling your RAM improves performance ... who would have guessed?
I'm now up to a whopping 4GB! I can watch YouTube videos at 360p! (480p if they're not too long.) I can open my 13-tab "Comics" group in and FireFox doesn't bog down!
--

Drew
New WooHoo! :-)
New All right!
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New It's a stupidly simple upgrade that so many people don't believe works.
New Yep
And then they get more RAM and they start Googling and they start doing dizzy shit like turning off their page/swap files, presumably because they don't understand how virtual memory works.

So, Drook: don't do that. Not that I thought you would, but y'know. Just sayin'.
New I used to work with a guy ...
He was a sysadmin. A new server came in and he was checking it out. Opened the case, looked in and said, "It's broken."

I asked what's wrong and he pointed to an open RAM slot. "That should have something in it.
--

Drew
     Doubling your RAM improves performance ... who would have guessed? - (drook) - (5)
         WooHoo! :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
         All right! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         It's a stupidly simple upgrade that so many people don't believe works. -NT - (static) - (2)
             Yep - (pwhysall)
             I used to work with a guy ... - (drook)

Note for the linguistically-impaired: That was a rhetorical question. (Second note, for the vocabulary-challenged: That means you're not supposed to answer it.)
151 ms