IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Also, did you hear Chomsky tell me not to vote?
Around 2:30 or so of the link below, he says if you're in a "safe" state, you can vote for whomever you want or not vote, but if you're in a swing state then you should vote *against* the Republican Party. I still haven't decided if I'm going to sit it out or vote if the Hillary is nominated. I really don't think, given those two candidates, the consequences are as grave as what Chomsky suggests.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btJfkPBLULg
New yeah, moderate dem congress critters have stated they would be willing to work with trump
always look out for number one and don't step in number two
New Indiana, beig a "safe" state for Repos, you're vote is inconsequential.
So, feel free to write in Nader, errr Bernie! :)

Unfortunately that's my case too. My congressman is one the Freedom caucus idiots.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New We did have a laugher in the 3rd Congressional district primary, though.
He's pretty much got the reputation of being a town drunk.

http://wane.com/2016/05/03/tommy-schrader-wins-3rd-district-democratic-nomination/
New Re: Also, did you hear Chomsky tell me not to vote?
I really don't think, given those two candidates, the consequences are as grave as what Chomsky suggests.
So you warmly endorse Chomsky's judgment and commend his conclusions to us except, of course, where they are at variance with your own. For some reason I am not astonished.

cordially,
New When he's wrong, he's wrong. ;0)
New Isn't it funny how hindsight...
I really don't think, given those two candidates, the consequences are as grave as what Chomsky suggests.
...sometimes shows us how wrong we can be?
--
Christian R. Conrad
Same old username (as above), but now on iki.fi

(Yeah, yeah, it redirects to the same old GMail... But just in case I ever want to change.)
New I'm not certain I missed the mark too much.
I've no doubt had Hillary won, we'd have several tens of thousands of soldiers with boots on the ground in Syria, for instance.

Good to hear from you, Chief.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New 20 million dead Koreans beg to differ.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     Requiem for the American Dream. - (mmoffitt) - (10)
         lowkell's take - (Another Scott) - (9)
             Also, did you hear Chomsky tell me not to vote? - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                 yeah, moderate dem congress critters have stated they would be willing to work with trump -NT - (boxley)
                 Indiana, beig a "safe" state for Repos, you're vote is inconsequential. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                     We did have a laugher in the 3rd Congressional district primary, though. - (mmoffitt)
                 Re: Also, did you hear Chomsky tell me not to vote? - (rcareaga) - (1)
                     When he's wrong, he's wrong. ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt)
                 Isn't it funny how hindsight... - (CRConrad) - (2)
                     I'm not certain I missed the mark too much. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                         20 million dead Koreans beg to differ. -NT - (a6l6e6x)

LI_
94 ms