IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Fair warning, Andrew.
The BBC 11,000 recipe collection website are going off line. Can you believe it cost £15M a year to keep going?

I did not even know they had such a thing.

BBC news item:
The BBC Food website carrying more than 11,000 recipes is to close as part of a plan to cut £15m from the corporation's online budget.

All existing recipes will be archived, although the commercial BBC Good Food website will remain.
Anyway, look around and save parts of interest while you can. Or, maybe you can offer them a maintenance deal. :)
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New "part of a plan to cut" ... not the whole plan
Looks like a bunch of stuff getting cut, it's just the recipe site that's generating audience reaction.
--

Drew
New Time to spider and relaunch
Seriously, that's probably $6/mo of infrastructure.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Never heard of it.
$21,000,000 per year to keep a recipe site up? Mine costs me $90 per year for hosting and domain registration. Of course there's probably about $30,000 per year in free labor, but they should be able to finagle that sort of thing too.

In any case, I have enough British cookbooks to distrust anything put up by the Brits. They still treat the world as colonies.
New Still up a year later.
     Fair warning, Andrew. - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
         "part of a plan to cut" ... not the whole plan - (drook) - (1)
             Time to spider and relaunch - (malraux)
         Never heard of it. - (Andrew Grygus)
         Still up a year later. -NT - (CRConrad)

THEN WHO WAS PHONE?
65 ms