IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Suspend to disk is simpler with a swap partition
Things get hairy when trying to suspend to a file:
https://wiki.debian.org/Hibernation/Hibernate_Without_Swap_Partition

Also, some file systems, like Btrfs, do not support swap files.

The Debian installer offers a separate /home partition as an option but as part of the guided partitioning of an entire disk. I think the derivatives dropped it because they target first time Windows dual-boot installers.

Overall, your scheme looks good, but given the resizing plan, I would dump the swap partition temporarily. That will make life easier while moving things around. (You did not mention using LVM2, so the presence of the swap partition will prevent the resize.)

For resizing/relocation, take a look at GParted. You would have to run it off a Live Linux disk. (See Parted Magic)
New Got an Ubuntu live thumb drive I'll be using
--

Drew
     Disk partitioning tips? - (drook) - (21)
         looks decent -NT - (boxley)
         Re: Disk partitioning tips? - (pwhysall) - (19)
             The /home partition is so I can do a reinstall without losing everything - (drook) - (10)
                 Re: The /home partition is so I can do a reinstall without losing everything - (pwhysall) - (7)
                     How far is "way back"? - (drook)
                     Some Linux distros (e.g. Mint) don't support version upgrades. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                         What? - (pwhysall) - (4)
                             Yup. Version upgrade is not recommended. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                 That's pretty terrible. - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                     I think they just don't want to be bothered with trying to support upgrades. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                         Tells me something else - (pwhysall)
                 Suspend to disk is simpler with a swap partition - (scoenye) - (1)
                     Got an Ubuntu live thumb drive I'll be using -NT - (drook)
             eh? been practice since about 1991 or so - (boxley) - (7)
                 That's 25 years ago. - (pwhysall) - (3)
                     /me has an old system with a (relatively) tiny and slow disk -NT - (drook) - (2)
                         No, you don't. -NT - (pwhysall) - (1)
                             Compared to 25 years ago, I guess not -NT - (drook)
                 Beware of that small root partition - (scoenye) - (2)
                     Remember to clear out the old kernel versions occasionally too -NT - (malraux) - (1)
                         Deleted more than a dozen as soon as I got it to boot again -NT - (drook)

Their loathing for him is palpable. It can be palped without effort.
102 ms