IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Do you know what Toshiba model you have?
Plug that into the Crucial search function here:

Crucial search.

Prosper! :)

The laptop might even accept higher capacity DIMMs.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New It'll take higher
But the price jumps so much I'd be better off buying a whole new system.
--

Drew
New RAM prices rise pretty steeply for stuff that's a few generations old.
I note it's DDR2. That's pretty pokey these days. I'm not surprised that there's a big price jump. It looks like 2x4GB is $100-$140 at Amazon.

If you're willing to spend that much, and the machine recognizes it, it would help quite a bit. And might save you reinstallation time, etc. But you can get a new machine that's probably much faster and better supported by spending only a little more.

http://dellrefurbished.com/laptops

HTH.

Cheers,
Scott.
New get a new hp at wallmart for that price
always look out for number one and don't step in number two
     How to match RAM? - (drook) - (19)
         Do you know what Toshiba model you have? - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
             It'll take higher - (drook) - (2)
                 RAM prices rise pretty steeply for stuff that's a few generations old. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     get a new hp at wallmart for that price -NT - (boxley)
         Do what Alex said - (pwhysall) - (12)
             Thirded. - (malraux)
             Prices - (drook) - (10)
                 $240?! - (pwhysall) - (9)
                     That's DDR3 stuff. He needs DDR2. - (Another Scott) - (8)
                         2nd link is DDR2. Samsung modules for £24. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                             Amazon mixes up stuff all the time. That's a DDR3 part. - (Another Scott)
                         So we're back to ... how do I know it's compatible? - (drook) - (5)
                             It *should* work that way. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                 Does the PC number matter? - (drook) - (2)
                                     As long as it's close, it shouldn't matter. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                         Thanks ... someday I'll learn to put Wikipedia in my search terms - (drook)
                             Well, to fit mechanically you need SoDIMM (i.e. small outline) modules. - (a6l6e6x)
         Oddly... - (scoenye) - (1)
             Already ordered, will check what's on the chips when I install it -NT - (drook)

You are delightfully evil. Come sit by me.
140 ms