IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New We already talked about this, didn't we?
#409372.

The additional commentary is interesting, but if the comments at the journal article are correct, there were significant flaws in the study.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Yes, that posting about a recent study . . .
. . did mention the the Minnesota study. There are now at least 5 studies that come up with this same result.

The additional fact that Ansel Keys was involved with the study explains a lot about why the data was not published. He was very powerful at the time, and would accept no data that was counter to his thesis that saturated fats caused heart disease.

In his famous "7 Countries" study, which guided all thinking in this country about the subject of fats and heart disease, was invalid. He had a lot of data he did not use because he used only data that supported his thesis. In recent times, other researchers have re-examined the data he had and found that if he had used it all it would not have supported his thesis.

Fortunately, when I started cooking, back in the mid '60s, I rejected the American Heart Association's dictates against butter and saturated fats - for reasons of flavor and tradition. Back then even Natural and Vegetarian cooking books told us not to use Olive Oil because it was higher in saturated fats than corn and soy oils. Today Olive Oil is the only oil that both the Vegetable Oil and Coconut Oil partisans admit is healthy.

I have used almost entirely Olive Oil (virgin, pure and pomace) from that time to the present, and completely rejected margarine in favor of butter. Clearly, I have no reason to regret these choices.
New Strictly olive and coconut oil here
With occasional bits of sesame oil for taste.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Digging avocado oil here
No fried grease smell after stir fry.
--

Drew
New Hmm, nice
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Yes, olive, coconut, avocado, butter ghee and lard . . .
are on my list of oils approved for use where appropriate.

I also use mustard oil for some Indian recipes as the flavor is unique.It should be heated until you see the first wisp of smoke, then get it off the heat immediately to cool a bit. The heating completely removes the acrid taste.

Corn oil, soy oil, vegetable oil (whatever that is this month), canola oil, sunflower oil and all trans fats are on my banned list.
New No no, zis ist nicht ghee, zis ist Europäisch:
--
Christian R. Conrad
Same old username (as above), but now on iki.fi

(Yeah, yeah, it redirects to the same old GMail... But just in case I ever want to change.)
     Huge suppressed study found . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (7)
         We already talked about this, didn't we? - (Another Scott) - (6)
             Yes, that posting about a recent study . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                 Strictly olive and coconut oil here - (malraux) - (4)
                     Digging avocado oil here - (drook) - (3)
                         Hmm, nice -NT - (malraux)
                         Yes, olive, coconut, avocado, butter ghee and lard . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                             No no, zis ist nicht ghee, zis ist Europäisch: - (CRConrad)

There’s nothing we like more than appearing to be open minded.
87 ms