IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New First ever Stanley Cup playoff game.
I've been to a lot of hockey games (Frozen Four, ECHL, AHL including the Calder Cup finals, and the NHL), but you take the most exciting second of the best game I'd ever been to (Grand Rapids Griffins overtime goal winner against reigning Calder Cup champion Stars with 0.8 seconds left and a crowd of 12,000 going full tilt crazy), double it (because there's twice as many people at the Joe) and then you'll be at the level of excitement that was present about 20 minutes *before* puck drop. It went up from there. I took my pseudo-nephew and one daughter (the other couldn't make it) and he looked up to me during the pregame and said, "Wow. This is round one. Can you imagine what a Cup final would be like?"

It's incredibly expensive and I can't imagine ever going to another one, but if you're a hockey fan and you've never been to a Stanley Cup playoff game, you owe it to yourself to suck it up, pull out the credit card and go! I guarantee you won't regret it.
New yup, I want to hit the Bell center one day for a playoff game.
Last time I went it was a regular season game against the lightning, theodore was the goalie back then 2006 or 2007. A fun time, the place was packed. Watched that game yesterday, way cool series going on.
always look out for number one and don't step in number two
New You'll be waiting a while for that
given the state of the teams in Canada.
New load up in the draft, course that doesnt seem to help the oiies
New Re: First ever Stanley Cup playoff game.
Rangers lost that game; I believe the final score was 1-0.

I've so far seen the NYR in 5 different arenas: United Center (Chicago), American Airlines Arena (Dallas), MSG (NYC), Verizon Center (Washington), and Joe Louis Arena (Detroit.)

The Joe is, by far, the oldest (noticeably.) Best crowd is, for me, obviously the home crowd at MSG. I wear my NYR "99 Gretzky" jersey everywhere, and I'm a vocal (but respectful) Rangers fan. I get lots of love and respect -- even from the home fans when NYR are the visitors -- for wearing the 99.

And to your point, yeah...The vibe during the Stanley Cup Playoffs is a few steps up.
-Mike

@MikeVitale42

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New Wings fans are the best. Your bias is noted. ;0)
Edit:

They've only got one more season there. They have a live feed of the construction site of the new one, which, sadly, won't be on the river but will be close to Comerica

http://www.districtdetroit.com/live-web-cam
Expand Edited by mmoffitt April 19, 2016, 08:12:39 AM EDT
New wonder if they will take the boards with them. Deadthings 6th man
New I hope so.
New Re: Wings fans are the best. Your bias is noted. ;0)
They've only got one more season there.
Yep. I'm really glad to have made it to a game at the Joe. I'm sure I'll get around to seeing them at their new digs eventually.
-Mike

@MikeVitale42

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
     First ever Stanley Cup playoff game. - (mmoffitt) - (8)
         yup, I want to hit the Bell center one day for a playoff game. - (boxley) - (2)
             You'll be waiting a while for that - (jake123) - (1)
                 load up in the draft, course that doesnt seem to help the oiies -NT - (boxley)
         Re: First ever Stanley Cup playoff game. - (mvitale) - (4)
             Wings fans are the best. Your bias is noted. ;0) - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                 wonder if they will take the boards with them. Deadthings 6th man -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                     I hope so. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                 Re: Wings fans are the best. Your bias is noted. ;0) - (mvitale)

No, no. We have to provide potential hostages over there so they won’t look for potential hostages over here.
47 ms