IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New spreadsheet? Rather just shoot myself in the head
the only reason I use tax software is because of the audit tools built in. I have only been audited once and that was when I overrode a setting because I thought I was right. It warned me I would get audited and I got audited. No penalty for the error since I proved that the IRS guide said I could do it, but did have to pay the $1500 owed.
always look out for number one and don't step in number two
New :-)
It seems to me that I shouldn't need to pay a company to file individual taxes. That just seems wrong on so many levels. (Honestly, the IRS should do our taxes for us - they have (or should be able to get, if the states and the feds talked to each other) all the information except for all of our charitable donations already.) But too many companies would rally against it...)

Glad you've got a system that works, but your initial $15k error is a bit disconcerting, no? ;-D

Cheers,
Scott.
New I can do it without the software. The $59 is deductable anyway.
For EZ filers with one W2 or even a few with legitimate dependants, easily checked against the SSI records it is a no brainer. Dont need to file taxes unless the IRS sends you a letter asking for clarification of your W4 is the way it should be. Unfortunately I need to file a complete C schedule because of how I get paid and pay others.
always look out for number one and don't step in number two
     joyfull weekend, doing taxes and car repair. -NT - (boxley) - (10)
         I've got to start on our taxes tonight. It's usually not too bad, but who knows... -NT - (Another Scott) - (5)
             going to change software next year - (boxley) - (4)
                 Just got done with E-FileFillableFoms. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                     spreadsheet? Rather just shoot myself in the head - (boxley) - (2)
                         :-) - (Another Scott) - (1)
                             I can do it without the software. The $59 is deductable anyway. - (boxley)
         Ha! - (pwhysall) - (3)
             you just accept what the government allows you? No need to query or be queried? -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                 No - (pwhysall) - (1)
                     That's how Sweden does it too. - (malraux)

Anyone who would spend $5000 on a laptop is either Todd, or out of his mind.
46 ms