IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New 25 coauthors! Looks like an important finding. Thanks!
Bummer - that journal isn't part of our library's subscription. $30 is a bit spendy for the article.

The compound itself seems a bit spendy too - ~ $900 for 100g. It will be interesting to see what the recommended dosage is.

(There's one seller of it on Amazon - it's imported from "unknown" so I'm not brave enough to think about trying it myself.)

Thanks for the pointer!

Cheers,
Scott.
New Much cheaper on eBay! :)
Just the thing to buy from China. It may even be enhanced with mercury.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New It looks like it was injected in the study with mice.
MedicalXpress:

Prof. Dr. Eicke Latz from the Institute of Innate Immunity at the University of Bonn is studying how crystalline cholesterol causes massive immune responses and leads to life-threatening inflammation in arterial walls. In 2010, he published a study in the renowned journal "Nature" on the connection between atherosclerosis and the immune system. In this study, the team of researchers working with Prof. Latz demonstrated that cholesterol crystals can activate an important receptor complex of the innate immune system and thus increase the inflammatory response in artherosclerosis. This caught Chris Hempel's attention and she reported her experiences with cyclodextrin to the immunologist.

With an international team of researchers from Germany, the USA, Norway, Australia and Sweden, the scientists from a variety of fields from the University Hospital Bonn, under the direction of Prof. Latz, investigated whether cyclodextrin also has an effect on atherosclerosis. The researchers fed a particularly cholesterol-rich diet to mice for eight weeks and subcutaneously injected the animals with cyclodextrin. "They were far less affected by plaques in their blood vessels than a control group who did not receive any cyclodextrin," says Dr. Sebastian Zimmer from the Department of Medicine II of the University Hospital Bonn. The ring-shaped sugars apparently program the cells in a way that leads to better elimination of excess crystalline cholesterol and also to a reduction in the inflammation in blood vessels at the same time.

We'll see how it turns out.

I agree that buying the stuff on eBay probably isn't a good idea!! :-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New Yep, I see that now.
Taking it orally probably does not work because either our digestive acid (in part HCl) breaks it up or that our gut flora consume it.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Yes, it's just sugar pretty much
Easy fodder for a stomach.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New No way!
The Chinese use lead, not mercury. Lead is a lot cheaper.
     Sugar drug reverses heart disease - (malraux) - (8)
         25 coauthors! Looks like an important finding. Thanks! - (Another Scott) - (5)
             Much cheaper on eBay! :) - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                 It looks like it was injected in the study with mice. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                     Yep, I see that now. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                         Yes, it's just sugar pretty much - (malraux)
                 No way! - (Andrew Grygus)
         Re: largely overlooked by researchers - (a6l6e6x)
         It looks like getting the right form is very important... - (Another Scott)

Liver alone, cheese all mine...
110 ms