IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Panama Papers.
This is going to be a big deal!

Süddeutsche Zeitung: The secrets of dirty money
The Panama Papers include approximately 11.5 million documents – more than the combined total of the Wikileaks Cablegate, Offshore Leaks, Lux Leaks, and Swiss Leaks. The data primarily comprises e-mails, pdf files, photo files, and excerpts of an internal Mossack Fonseca database. It covers a period spanning from the 1970s to the spring of 2016.

[edit typo]
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
Expand Edited by a6l6e6x April 4, 2016, 10:31:08 AM EDT
New Beat me to it. Yes, it should.
New Early casualty: Iceland PM Sigmundur Gunnlaugsson resigns.
BBC:
celand's prime minister has resigned - the first major casualty of the leaked Panama Papers that have shone a spotlight on offshore finance.

The leaks, from Panama-based law firm Mossack Fonseca, showed Sigmundur Gunnlaugsson owned an offshore company with his wife but had not declared it when he entered parliament

He is accused of concealing millions of dollars' worth of family assets.

Mr Gunnlaugsson says he sold his shares to his wife, and denies any wrongdoing
And Cameron is having to answer questions about his father.

BBC:
Downing Street has said David Cameron, his wife and children do not benefit from offshore funds after questions about his family's tax affairs.

No 10 was forced to issue a statement after Labour called for an inquiry into Britons linked to tax haven allegations - including Mr Cameron's family.

Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn had called on the PM to "set the record straight" and publish his tax returns.

The row centres on an investment fund set up by Mr Cameron's late father Ian.
And they have yet to report on folks from USA.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
Expand Edited by a6l6e6x April 5, 2016, 04:46:13 PM EDT
New Re: Early casualty: Iceland PM Sigmundur Gunnlaugsson resigns.
Cameron copped to benefiting from the shell companies today. You can find the article in the Guardian.

I very much doubt that any laws were broken... but that's the real problem, isn't it?
New Keep 05/09 free
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/04/27/icij_to_open_up_panama_papers_graph_database/
When the data is released, users will be able to search through it and visualise the networks around the offshore entities, including Mossack Fonseca’s internal records of the company’s true owners.
New Someone should knock up another "They Rule"
--

Drew
     Panama Papers. - (a6l6e6x) - (6)
         Beat me to it. Yes, it should. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         Early casualty: Iceland PM Sigmundur Gunnlaugsson resigns. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Re: Early casualty: Iceland PM Sigmundur Gunnlaugsson resigns. - (jake123)
         Young Turks had a good spot on this. - (mmoffitt)
         Keep 05/09 free - (scoenye) - (1)
             Someone should knock up another "They Rule" -NT - (drook)

Son, when you've lived as long as I have, you'll want to forget most of it too.
87 ms