IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New A spot of good news, re declining consumption..
of fizzy/sugary drinks!

Well it's Something.. narsty and harmful that's declining, whereas ... ...
New I'm trying to cut pop out
I only drink diet pop and only at work, but even so, it's not good for you. If nothing else, the acid is bad for your digestion and your teeth.

I drink a lot of fluid at work, and like to avoid coffee in the afternoons, so I either drink Earl Grey (or Lady Grey - has a citrus note instead of bergamot) tea.

If I want a cold drink, I make this:

I like it fairly weak. Weak, like lemon drink.
New Heh.. maybe even ... heh-Heh! (Ed: re Lady Grey)
So that's whence came your alt-Avatar..

I note in Wiki-P write-up, there's also a Peter character in the mix; dunno if this (presumed send-up of "whatcha-got?") ever made it to the then not-qite-so Dis USA == just about the time weunses were dueling with the stooges of Sandy Reed on IWE's blog- (before that was even coined?)

Pity too, doubt that Robinsons's barley water has invaded our market shelves, either. Might work for me.
Re 'Coke', had kicked that eons ago, literally none in most years. The corn-syrup variety persists here even now, but in some locales you can get the Mexican Coke made with sugar of the non-fructose family. That and the kick from the Phosphoric acid (!) causes me to grab one or two of those, some months.

I figure my metabolism can withstand the insult (though prolly not Vegemite or its {shuddrz] close relatives.)

PS -- thanks for tip on Lady Grey; there must be some source here. Indeed the bergamot can be ... umm, Piercing, Man! so I have to be in the right mood.
Expand Edited by Ashton April 3, 2016, 01:56:51 AM EDT
New Only wrong on two out of two (on the Bergamot).
Quoth da Whysall (just over a year ago):
I either drink Earl Grey (or Lady Grey - has a citrus note instead of bergamot) tea.
1) Bergamot is citrus.
2) It's in Lady Grey too.

From WP - Bergamot orange: "Citrus bergamia, the bergamot orange (pronounced /ˈbɜːrɡəˌmɒt/), is a fragrant citrus fruit the size of an orange, with a green color similar to a lime." ... "An essence extracted from the aromatic skin of this sour fruit is used to flavour Earl Grey and Lady Grey teas..."

Hmm... The etymology section only suggests a Turkish pear, not the city of Bergamo, as I'd have thought. The Online Etymology Dictionary disagrees with WP, seems to endorse my idea.
--
Christian R. Conrad

Picker of Nits.
New I stopped drinking pop several year ago.
Other than a ginger beer every once in a blue moon, I don't miss it at all. I can't drink stuff like Coke at all now.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Ditto, mostly.
If I'm stuck at work for extended periods, I'll be tempted to grab a Dr. Pepper from the machine. But it really doesn't taste "right" anymore, so I'm getting better at resisting. I've never gotten used to the taste of any of the artificial sweeteners.

It's hard to beat a drink of cold water, really.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Yep, I drink tea in the morning and water the rest of the day.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New I cut right back.
I used to have a soft drink or flavoured milk every day at lunch. Now it's water or unflavoured milk. Amongst other things, it got rid of the 2pm crash for me.

Wade.
New iced tea for me unless diluting rum
always look out for number one and don't step in number two
     A spot of good news, re declining consumption.. - (Ashton) - (8)
         I'm trying to cut pop out - (pwhysall) - (2)
             Heh.. maybe even ... heh-Heh! (Ed: re Lady Grey) - (Ashton)
             Only wrong on two out of two (on the Bergamot). - (CRConrad)
         I stopped drinking pop several year ago. - (malraux) - (2)
             Ditto, mostly. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 Yep, I drink tea in the morning and water the rest of the day. -NT - (malraux)
         I cut right back. - (static)
         iced tea for me unless diluting rum -NT - (boxley)

narfdorglak
65 ms