IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Technically correct
Me: "Are the values passed here coming from a device configuration, application configuration, or being looked up somewhere?"

Dev 1: "These values are being returned to the device by the inserted card. I'm not sure if changing this falls under configuration or code change. Dev 2, can you confirm?"

Dev 2: "Once the card reader is configured correctly, it should be set according to the configuration."

Me: " ... "
--

Drew
New Re: Me: " ... "
How about "Catch 22".
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New yeah
me: what number do you want to set for concurrent connections?
them: I dont know what is concurrent connections?
me: what is the maximum amount of connections can the app handle at the same time without causing issues?
them: 5
me: okay, did you test that to ensure that is the right number?
them: We cant test that I only have one tester
me: starts slamming head into desk
always look out for number one and don't step in number two
New "Hey, dev 2. If I had a gun to your head, what would your answer be?"
"Also, not a hypothetical question. MURICA!"
New Only works if the dev is in the same time zone
--

Drew
New the answer came from /dev/ass its a wonder that anything on the net works at all
New What he probably meant to say was
"The system will boot with the settings in flash from either the factory or previous use. It will then update settings from the card reader if available. Flash will be updated as necessary."
I'm guessing, of course. I just got home from work and the discourse drew outlined still seems like the most intelligent thing I've heard today. If my wife turns the TV on when she gets in, they will become brilliant in retrospect...
"Religion, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable."
~ AMBROSE BIERCE
(1842-1914)
New Nope
Take my word for it. He didn't actually know but wouldn't just say the words, "I don't know."
--

Drew
New Sounds a lot like my day at work... sorrry about that.
"Religion, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable."
~ AMBROSE BIERCE
(1842-1914)
New at least he sounds like he understood what you were talking about
     Technically correct - (drook) - (9)
         Re: Me: " ... " - (a6l6e6x)
         yeah - (boxley)
         "Hey, dev 2. If I had a gun to your head, what would your answer be?" - (pwhysall) - (2)
             Only works if the dev is in the same time zone -NT - (drook)
             the answer came from /dev/ass its a wonder that anything on the net works at all -NT - (boxley)
         What he probably meant to say was - (hnick) - (3)
             Nope - (drook) - (2)
                 Sounds a lot like my day at work... sorrry about that. -NT - (hnick)
                 at least he sounds like he understood what you were talking about -NT - (boxley)

Why, that looks so dangerous - I'm sure I'll learn something wonderful!
83 ms