IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New If ya don't know...
Just get the MicroSoft Baseline Security Analyzer... For all the Bad things said about it... it DOES have some good uses. Just ignore it saying you don;t have patches applied that you know you do. Just be careful, it will make your machine unreachable. But it will still be able to reach others. That bit me in the Butt with the New WebJetAdmin piece of Crap HP is jamming down our throats, no loopback response either... EWWWWW. It's an all or nothing thing.

Just be fore-warned you will not be able to SERVE anything from it. That means no FTP service, no IIS service, NO Sharing.. No Ping response, No anything except being a client.

Not for the faint of heart... Anyways it takes about 12 registry settings to completely lock the packet responder up.

greg, curley95@attbi.com -- REMEMBER ED CURRY!!!
New Well I want Web Services
I just want to block all the other crap from the server. I've been trying to get Sygate to work properly, easy to use my big toe!

I am free now, to choose my own destiny.
New And now for something special...
Take a look [link|http://www.fwbuilder.org|HERE].

I know this is Linux based but I know the product works and makes it easy to get things to function the way you want.

You just gotta understand firewall rule progression... or order of processing or rememebr first rules that fits wins.

Only real requirement... Linux with the 2.4x kernel and IPTABLES v1.2.4 or later for debugging and logging to work properly.

Good Luck. Ask advice is free, err... well at least dirty looks are still free.

greg, curley95@attbi.com -- REMEMBER ED CURRY!!!
     Locking down a Windows 2000 Server - (orion) - (9)
         Put it behind a firewall. - (static)
         Turn off - (folkert) - (6)
             Oh man.... - (bepatient) - (1)
                 Hehehe... thought crossed my mind... thought better of it!! -NT - (folkert)
             Packet Responder - (orion) - (3)
                 If ya don't know... - (folkert) - (2)
                     Well I want Web Services - (orion) - (1)
                         And now for something special... - (folkert)
         I'd start here - (Steven A S)

Bork bork bork!
37 ms