IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Never mind the Superb Owl, it's Six Nations time!
So the first weekend is over. I drank a lot of beer, ate a lot of hog lumps, watched a lot of rugby. Some of it was even good.

Very Short Match Reports

France v. Italy - Italy deserved to win this one. They played with passion and invention, had good quick ball out of the ruck, dominated the scrum, but their kicker was even shittier than the French kicker (seriously, neither of them could hit a cow's arse with a banjo), so they didn't convert their penalties and it fell to the captain to miss one. An entertaining game. And Ationo is what we scientists call "a big lad". 6'6", 22 stone. When he lands on you, you'll feel it. France will feel pretty grateful for their 23-21 win.

Scotland v. England (Calcutta Cup) - England were dominant. Scotland took all their points from penalties and ran out of steam and ideas about 10 minutes into the second half. England were patient and disciplined, working the phases to score two tries. Even when Scotland did get the ball, England's defence was unbreakable. The 15-6 scoreline flatters Scotland greatly.

Ireland v. Wales - Ireland were 13-0 up at half time but made a complete ham-fisted mess of the second half to finish up 16-16, and quite honestly they got away with it. After giving away easy points in the first half, Wales were dominant in the second. Better from the set pieces, better passing, better in the ruck. To come from 13 points down and win at Lansdowne Road would have been legendary. A draw is interesting but not helpful to either side.

Prediction: Ireland, Wales or England to win the 6 Nations. Ireland to win the Millennium Quaiche. If England beat Wales, they're on for a Triple Crown if not the Grand Slam. Scotland for the wooden spoon.
New You had me going
Right up to the last paragraph I thought you were talking about a real sport. Then you started talking about quiche and wooden spoons and tipped your hand.
--

Drew
New Play Haka on the PA. See how far they run >:-)
     Never mind the Superb Owl, it's Six Nations time! - (pwhysall) - (2)
         You had me going - (drook) - (1)
             Play Haka on the PA. See how far they run >:-) -NT - (scoenye)

It’s the extra touches.
35 ms