1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New OTOH
The sub model gives me two advantages:

1. I would never have come up with the £600-odd that PS costs
2. I would never have come up with the £200-odd that PS costs to upgrade

For £8/mo I get PS CC, LR and Portfolio.

If I let my sub lapse, I have about a month or so grace before everything stops working.

The sub model is evil but at the same time it means I can use PS CC.

As for your technical tribulations, I can only commiserate at the same time that I observe that you're at least 4 versions behind (CS6, CC, CC2014, CC2015). CS5 is six years old now. For context, that makes it roughly contemporary with OS X 10.7, which received its last release (10.7.5) in October 2012.

If you need a perpetual licence for a PS product that's got some semblance of support, the jump to CS6 is the one you need to make.
New Funny definition of perpetual, that
We did move on. I brought it up as Rand mentioned using CS5.

The only reason we have it is to futz with the occasional PDF form. The cost of the subscription is not worth it for the amount of use.
New CS6 is a perpetual licence
You have to ring Adobe to buy it, though.
New Yup, just like that 9 Pro license was.
New I've got a standalone 9 Pro licence on my work laptop right now
Was installed just the other week.
New Our derailment happened about a year ago.
     Adobe and El Capitan - (rcareaga) - (13)
         Other than using "free" Reader, I haven't given them money since PageMaker. - (a6l6e6x) - (11)
             I've given them plenty - (rcareaga) - (10)
                 Beware other dirty tricks - (scoenye) - (3)
                     Acrobat (full product) is losing its lustre - (pwhysall) - (2)
                         For reading and printing on Winders, SumatraPDF is my choice. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                             Yeah, for complex cases you still need proper software - (pwhysall)
                 OTOH - (pwhysall) - (5)
                     Funny definition of perpetual, that - (scoenye) - (4)
                         CS6 is a perpetual licence - (pwhysall) - (3)
                             Yup, just like that 9 Pro license was. -NT - (scoenye) - (2)
                                 I've got a standalone 9 Pro licence on my work laptop right now - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                     Our derailment happened about a year ago. -NT - (scoenye)
         What a nightmare. - (Another Scott)

I should drag your fat arse over here and make you clean the coffee off my monitor.
81 ms