IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yup. They can vote - for a while anyway!
Though I do recall that lots of over-seas service members didn't have their votes counted (too labor intensive, wouldn't change the results, arrived late, etc., etc.). Dunno if my memory is faulty about that though...

Cheers,
Scott.
New Well, as long as you are a citizen
States are required to let expats vote. Your voting state is the last state you lived in, even if you don't plan on coming back.

Some states allow expats to vote in local elections as well.

You can be responsible for requesting your ballot as not all states will send it; there is also a federal emergency ballot if you don't get your real one in time.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New It's scary how much you've looked into this... :-/
New More somewhat idle curiosity than anything
I knew you could vote as an expat from previous reading, but the above information is from a 30 second Google to reply to your post. :-)

There's a lot that goes into moving out of the country, not the least of which is how it affects one's children. Plus, in the worst case scenario (Trump or Cruz as President with a blow-out Republican congress), from a simple safety aspect staying in the country may be be best, sad as that seems.
Regards,
-scott
New Re: More somewhat idle curiosity than anything
I mentioned this earlier, but can't find it quickly. A different linky is below.

Bobcat Goldthwait:

"My favorite Barry Crimmins joke is, 'People say Barry if you don't love America why don't you leave it?' He says, 'Because I don't want to be a victim of its foreign policies," Goldthwait recalls in the "Meet the Artist '15" video for Sundance.

There's some truth to that... :-/

Cheers,
Scott.
New Indeed.
Regards,
-scott
     further to the Ganesha Machine - (rcareaga) - (23)
         Re: further to the Ganesha Machine - (malraux) - (18)
             Really? - (Another Scott) - (8)
                 Re: It's good to have a passport. - (a6l6e6x)
                 Really. - (malraux) - (6)
                     Yup. They can vote - for a while anyway! - (Another Scott) - (5)
                         Well, as long as you are a citizen - (malraux) - (4)
                             It's scary how much you've looked into this... :-/ -NT - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                 More somewhat idle curiosity than anything - (malraux) - (2)
                                     Re: More somewhat idle curiosity than anything - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                         Indeed. -NT - (malraux)
             We're hiring - (pwhysall) - (8)
                 Good to know :-) - (malraux) - (7)
                     Eh, they're fine. - (pwhysall) - (6)
                         It's probably like finding the mark at a poker game - (drook) - (3)
                             Damn... - (malraux) - (2)
                                 I love it when a plan comes together - (drook) - (1)
                                     :-) -NT - (malraux)
                         Yeah, I heard about him. - (malraux) - (1)
                             I thought that must be one of _my_ coworkers, based on how many of them say we do have such a guy. -NT - (CRConrad)
         I'm glad it's working out. Having a happy spousette is good too! :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
         You'll get accustomed to the CPAP. - (a6l6e6x)
         hope your doc also gave you the hyarge list of common medications to avoid - (boxley) - (1)
             Thanks. He didn't, but... - (rcareaga)

I don't get no respect!
51 ms