IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New the meat version looks so good my stomach said to try it tomorrow.
always look out for number one and don't step in number two
New Re: my stomach said to try it tomorrow.
Download the recipe in the morning. That's a 2004 recipe, and It'll be retested by then, adjusted (if needed), and the instructions refined.
New will do thanks
New OK, that 12 year old recipe has now been redeveloped . . .
. . with new (and much better) photos and all. It was very successful and is ready to go.

Sauerkraut Soup
New what is the garnish in the picture?
New A mix of chopped fresh Dill and Parsley.
This is a standard garnish, especially in Russia, but also in Poland, Lithuania and Belarus.

Dill and Parsley are are also used separately, and are the dominant herbs in the region.
New made with 2substitutions
didnt want to wait for the real polish sausage so used http://www.conecuhsausage.com/ProdDetail.aspx?pid=32 no tai peppers so used 3 sports peppers. wonderful tasting soup.
New Glad it worked out well for you.
The meats used are pretty flexible, so that sausage should have worked fine. Around here, it would be unthinkable for a meat department not to have Polish sausage.

Today I snagged a big loop of excellent Krakouskaya Kalbasa (a lot of sausage makers around here use the names in Russian) at $3.79 / pound. I may get one or two more before they raise the price back to $6.99 / pound. They also have the Russian Sardelka (like Knackwurst) at $2.99 / pound again, so I bought a couple pounds to use for breakfasts. That one is imported - from Illinois.

A real funny: remember back around 2001 when everything was going to be sold so cheaply on the Web that "brick and mortars" would all be out of business? Today I bought a 14 ounce package of Farmer's Cheese from Lithuania for $4.49. You can buy the exact same 14 oz package on Amazon for only $19.99 (but shipping is free!).
New weird little niche of america here.
I can get http://www.fioruccifoods.com/products/ a good cheese and olive selection but would have to drive into New Orleans (80 miles) to get real polish sausages. They do sell Erikson and BarS kielbasa but looking at the ingredient list made me leery.
     We have rain . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (9)
         the meat version looks so good my stomach said to try it tomorrow. -NT - (boxley) - (8)
             Re: my stomach said to try it tomorrow. - (Andrew Grygus) - (7)
                 will do thanks -NT - (boxley)
                 OK, that 12 year old recipe has now been redeveloped . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                     what is the garnish in the picture? -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                         A mix of chopped fresh Dill and Parsley. - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                             made with 2substitutions - (boxley) - (2)
                                 Glad it worked out well for you. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                     weird little niche of america here. - (boxley)

Well, yes and no.
77 ms