IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New [PBS] Gerard Schwarz leads "the All-Star Orchestra"
Schwarz, himself a famed cornet/trumpet 8virtuoso, soloist before switching to conducting a couple decades ago ... via some grants snared this assemblage of superb musicians. Their pedigrees are apparent as each on contributes to some musical commentary.Their comments in this video (analyzing Scheherazade, for instance ... produce that synthesis of hope/expectations then actual accomplishment ...

Oft claimed, rarely achieved. Got kids with any interests beyond guitars? Dunno how many more of these shall be funded: the two hours with superb audio and cinematography==THIS is how the THIS passage is to be played.

(If you thought that you didn't need to hear One More Scheherazade performance?)
Well ...

PS: "White Shadow" a drop-by-for-food 4-5x a day abandoned cat.. usually antsy/fidgety ... has sat on my lap for the duration (now in its second hour) eyes closed mostly ..and mesmerized. Most uncharacteristic ..Love It. Cats can hear little chitterings of voles, just underground, so I wonder just-What? He is Hearing which I don't even have an inkling about..

* I deem Gerard's cadenzas in the Haydn Trumpet Cto. the best of all time; his performance overall vying for Numero Uno as well ... he even bests Sergei Nakariakov's presentation of quite different style (and Sergei has to be among the 5.5 greatest Masters of all time.) Per my demonology.
Expand Edited by Ashton Dec. 31, 2015, 12:40:28 AM EST
New Thanks for the pointers.
http://allstarorchestra.org/episodes/ lists several interesting pieces.

They've got a YouTube channel with lots of snippets.

I'm glad the kitty appreciated the music, but I'm sure [he] decided that you were a good cat and recognized that being with you is hard to beat with our or without the fine music!

Enjoy the new year!

[edited - yikes!]

Cheers,
Scott.
Expand Edited by Another Scott Jan. 5, 2016, 07:05:09 AM EST
New Thanks: ..heard a (ppp) 'mrowrrr' of contentment (other eye closed.)

;^>
     [PBS] Gerard Schwarz leads "the All-Star Orchestra" - (Ashton) - (2)
         Thanks for the pointers. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Thanks: ..heard a (ppp) 'mrowrrr' of contentment (other eye closed.) -NT - (Ashton)

LRPDman! LRPDman! Does whatever a LRPD can!
55 ms