IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New lawyers salivate over driverless cars
always look out for number one and don't step in number two
New Difficulty of assigning blame is overstated.
Each car will have extensive video recordings of what happened. You can compare that against what a good driver would have done in the circumstance. It shouldn't be hard to figure out who's responsible for the deviation in action, lawyer salivation not withstanding.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Google has logged endless hours in these things
They crash so infrequently that it hasn't happened yet. The main problem with the things is that they drive too safely and idiot humans rear end them all the time.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Need "drive like an idiot" preference option to fit in! :)
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Not quite idiot
Speed limits are SUPPOSED to be set by actually measuring the rate of traffic (before a low limit is set) and then setting the rate to what a large percentage of the drivers do. But politics gets involved and the rate is set arbitrarily, usually too low. So the vast majority of the people driving on the road will speed, risk the ticket, and actually be driving a safe appropriate speed for the road. Google simply needs to measure the average traffic speed for a road and adjust accordingly if they want it to be safe.
New back in the day when I did work for the AK MOT
The road engineers stated that they designed the roads to be safe at 20mph over than the posted limit.
New Might be true in alaska
In Ohio, the roads are rated at about 50% assuming a good driver with a proper vehicle. Take turns for example. Turns that are marked down to 35 mph are fine up to about 70 as long as there aren't other idiots in the way. On the other paw, I rarely go over 95 on the straights any more as my reflexes aren't what they used to be. Getting old sucks. They say it beats the alternative, but they won't say who told them.
"Religion, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable."
~ AMBROSE BIERCE
(1842-1914)
New yeah, above 95 my concentration doesnt last as long so got to slow down
New Definitely politics.
A lot of our recent divided roads, especially the freeways, are clearly built to be safe at speeds noticeably higher than the posted limits. The police forces and the politicians are like a broken record in insisting on lower speed limits rather than tackling the much more difficult problem of idiot drivers.

Contrast with the roads through the national park near where I live that were built a hundred years ago. The southern part is twisty and narrow and I can't believe it used to be posted as 80km/h. It's been 60km/h for years.

Wade.
     lawyers salivate over driverless cars - (boxley) - (8)
         Difficulty of assigning blame is overstated. - (a6l6e6x)
         Google has logged endless hours in these things - (malraux) - (6)
             Need "drive like an idiot" preference option to fit in! :) -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (5)
                 Not quite idiot - (crazy) - (4)
                     back in the day when I did work for the AK MOT - (boxley) - (2)
                         Might be true in alaska - (hnick) - (1)
                             yeah, above 95 my concentration doesnt last as long so got to slow down -NT - (boxley)
                     Definitely politics. - (static)

How much more blacker could this album cover get? None more blacker.
93 ms