IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New do not buy shrimp from asia, buy US wild shrimp
you can kill people for America at age 18 but need to be 21 to buy a beer
New So you want to boost racist MS economy instead? :)
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Wild Shrimp?
Last I heard, a good shrimp haul is 20% shrimp, the rest is fish that die on the deck as the shrimp are being sorted out.

My assistant, T, was out on a shrimp boat and spent the night tossing fish back into the water while the shrimpers laughed at her.

Anyway, I don't buy peeled shrimp - and most here has been coming from Central and South American farms (which is not to say they don't have slave labor there too).
New byecatch is negligable now (at least gulf shrimp)
In June I will be participating in the commercial shrimp bidness (in a small way) with my daughter. At least my freezer will be full
New Much improved, but not negligable
2015 figures for the Gulf fishery show 2-1/2 pounds of bycatch per pound of shrimp, down from 10 pounds in the 1970s.

Shrimp Fisheries Improving in Gulf of Mexico
New I will wait until I get my net 25ft trawl, not 40ft into the water in june
will keep the trout and smoke them, everything else other than shrimp over the side.
     do not buy shrimp from asia, buy US wild shrimp - (boxley) - (5)
         So you want to boost racist MS economy instead? :) -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
             Wild Shrimp? - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                 byecatch is negligable now (at least gulf shrimp) - (boxley) - (2)
                     Much improved, but not negligable - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                         I will wait until I get my net 25ft trawl, not 40ft into the water in june - (boxley)

Unless I missed it, I don't think that they had Barbie in mind as one of the 4 horsemen.
149 ms