IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Get your iOS 9.2 and OS X 10.11.2 updates.
Apple watch and Apple TV too, but I'm not sure any of us have these.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
Expand Edited by a6l6e6x Dec. 13, 2015, 05:46:19 PM EST
New Installing 9.2 right now.
Edit: download was quick but install is not.
Expand Edited by pwhysall Dec. 9, 2015, 03:11:44 PM EST
New Re: download was quick but install is not
Same here.

I believe their new scheme is to download only the modules that have changed and then link things up during installation. It used to be you needed unused storage to equal or exceed the size of the entire new version of OS. That PO'ed folks that habitually have their devices loaded up with Apps and data.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Memories of the other 9.2
I glanced at the post heading and thought Mac OS 9.2. Holy shit!

Last week I had to search for/retrieve several legacy files, a few going back to the early nineties, mainly archived on optical media. I fired up the old "Blue & White" G3 tower, which was finally retired from active service about seven years ago, and which runs 9.2. Bloody hell, what an ordeal! I think I would rather work in a Mac OS 6 environment, which for all its limited capabilities was at least streamlined and efficient, than in that mess. And...using 9-point Tekton for my list views? How fucked-up is that? What was I thinking? But many of these documents had been created in old PageMaker iterations—of course, today they're all old—and I needed to pass them forward to PM5 and thence to 6.5, at which point InDesign CS5 could open them. Incidentally, kids, InDesign "Creative Cloud" doesn't know from PageMaker, which is one more reason I'm not champing at the bit to embrace Adobe's subscription model.

Illustrator files, fortunately, are so far readable back to v. 1 with only minor hiccoughs.

I was largely successful in salvaging the material I wanted. Some files made the trip with only a little jet lag; others experienced a touch of phlebitis; a few had to be partially stripped down and rebuilt using such components as could be salvaged, and still others completely recreated. I was particularly pleased to find one image (not among those I was looking for) from 1988 that had been created in SuperPaint(!)(!!), and which yielded a readable TIFF file when passed through Graphics Converter. That's why I keep these antiques around at the workplace.

cordially,
New Didn't want to stress you heart! :)
I'll edit to make it iOS 9.2.
Alex

-- Isaac Asimov
New A pox on thee
Tekton is Comic Sans for hipsters.
New I used Tekton legitimately once
...back in my sideline/freelance days in the early nineties, for a real estate promo for a luxury hi-rise condo in downtown San Francisco. The brochure included, in addition to "staged" photos, a floorplan provided to me in an oversized version, which I scanned by sections, reduced, reassembled as a template, and reproduced in Illustrator, rendering it white-on-blue with legend (room names, dimensions) in Tekton.

Oh, and around the same time I used "Papyrus" for the headline of a flyer promoting a talk given by noted Scottish nutjob Benjamin Creme. I think that any fair observer would judge this to have been the perfect tool for the job.

uncontritely,
     Get your iOS 9.2 and OS X 10.11.2 updates. - (a6l6e6x) - (6)
         Installing 9.2 right now. - (pwhysall) - (5)
             Re: download was quick but install is not - (a6l6e6x)
             Memories of the other 9.2 - (rcareaga) - (3)
                 Didn't want to stress you heart! :) - (a6l6e6x)
                 A pox on thee - (pwhysall) - (1)
                     I used Tekton legitimately once - (rcareaga)

And now you see that Evil will always win, because Good is stupid.
71 ms