IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Nice update to the Chrome browser today - v47.0.2526.73 m.
I generally have 2 Chrome windows open on my PCs - one is a normal window with about 40 tabs, one is a private browsing window with 3 tabs. In the normal window, the tabs were too small to display the tab icons or any other IDs, so they were just blue. Finding a particular one involved hovering the mouse over them, or Ctrl-Tabbing through them quickly.

Tonight's update did away with trying to display the icons and now displays the first character or few (with the right edge fading) of the tab name instead. Even with a zillion tabs, it's now possible to instantly distinguish between them.

It's still not as good as multi-row tabs with TabMixPlus on FireFox, but it's a very nice improvements.

Thanks big G!

(It looks like there's an even newer update. I hope they don't break this feature! Whew - it's still there with v47.0.2526.80 m.)

Cheers,
Scott.
New Ugh... I really dislike that behavior
I hope I can set it back.

With the number of tabs I have up, I find discriminating tabs with the icons to be considerably easier than with a few letters of a word. Safari doesn't show icons and it was nearly useless to me.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
     Nice update to the Chrome browser today - v47.0.2526.73 m. - (Another Scott) - (1)
         Ugh... I really dislike that behavior - (malraux)

Any more than we can resent a dog licking its own testicles.
30 ms