IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Emergency room doctor goes to ER. She is shocked by the experience.
http://www.kevinmd.com/blog/2015/11/emergency-physician-goes-er-shocked-care-receives.html

I have lately been discussing the state of health care with a lot of doctors. I’m a doctor, and I’m also a consumer of health care services.

Imagine my surprise when I visited a local ER on a three day weekend, hoping to get some advice from someone who might be able to use the panoply of diagnostic tools available in the ED to help me mitigate the pain of a finger fracture that was threatening to derail a visit by my grandchild?

Well, not only was I billed for an exam that never occurred, but I was billed way too much — totally out of proportion to any value received. As a physician trained in emergency medicine, I received my board certification in 2001 from the American Board of Emergency Medicine. It’s pretty unlikely that I would feel the necessity to consult with a physician assistant. In fact, I said exactly that as I registered in the ED, hoping I would be able to obtain some relief from a digital block and perhaps, if appropriate, a reduction of the fracture. I was, at the very least, curious about the nature of the obvious fracture I had incurred. I asked to see a doctor.

[...]

It's amazing how oblivious we are until we're confronted with reality.

(via Richard Mayhew on Twitter (B-J is down at the moment).)

Cheers,
Scott.
New Re: until we're confronted with reality.
Physicians are the most blind and you need a hardwood 2 x 4 to get their attention.
     Emergency room doctor goes to ER. She is shocked by the experience. - (Another Scott) - (1)
         Re: until we're confronted with reality. - (mmoffitt)

Before such superhuman attainments of sustained triviality one stands in something like awe.
36 ms